Can anybody help with this "unlisted" Motherboard model? Trying to find right model so can get updated bios.

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
12 minutes ago, Bryan-10EC said:

I just like to check for latest Bios version since most motherboard have at least one revision to address some issue that popped up.

What happens in there is some security issue that requires an updated bios?

I don't like this concept. Even Dell gives easy bios updates.

And thank you for the quick response.

Basically every manufacturer I know has had or currently has boards that never got or will never get a bios update. It's sadly kinda normal.

If it works not it's good. That and most issues are fixed on the os side of things or other means.

I bought a Skytech Archangel "refurb" because cheaper than I could have built it. (fire suit on.. I can take it lol)

It's actually very well put together. 3060 ti, R5 5600x, 16 Gb dual channel.

But.. I was trying to identify the motherboard to check to make sure had latest bios.

It only says Gigabyte B550 UD AC on the board. That's it. Nothing like normal Gigabyte Mobo model numbers.

Attached is a pic of same board from an ebay seller.

There is no other info on google or Gigabyte's site for this board.

I even looked through every Am4 Gig board to see if any match the look of this board- nope.

I tried contacting Gigabyte about it but their support site seems continuously flummoxed.

Any ideas?

I suspect this is some type of "oem" model even though standardized.. but I should still be able to get Bios updates. (headscratch)

And if it is an oem board, it has no branding in Bios- it seems like a normal totally unlocked gaming motherboard bios.

s-l1600.jpg

It's an oem version of the b550 pro ac. DO NOT USE THE PRO AC BIOS.

Basically this is a situation of what you got is what you get. Any reason for a bios update? It supports the latest chips so I don't see a reason to update here.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Basically this is a situation of what you got is what you get. Any reason for a bios update? It supports the latest chips so I don't see a reason to update here.

I just like to check for latest Bios version since most motherboard have at least one revision to address some issue that popped up.

Gigabyte sells consumer motherboards that've never done BIOS updates for too. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Gigabyte sells consumer motherboards that've never done BIOS updates for too. 

Really?

Sigh. Well I guess I am way less informed that I thought I was.

I blame The Dunning–Kruger effect.

5 minutes ago, Bryan-10EC said:

Really?

Sigh. Well I guess I am way less informed that I thought I was.

I blame The Dunning–Kruger effect.

I mean, in fairness, it was one particular old board in a system Adamant IT was trying to diagnose, I just thought it was hilarious. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

12 minutes ago, Bryan-10EC said:

Basically every manufacturer I know has had or currently has boards that never got or will never get a bios update. It's sadly kinda normal.

If it works not it's good. That and most issues are fixed on the os side of things or other means.

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

As far as I know, this board is used by NZXT and CyberPower. The easiest way to find a BIOS update is through CyberPower's website :

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/Gigabyte

There is a new version that came out just yesterday.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, JessyB33 said:

As far as I know, this board is used by NZXT and CyberPower. The easiest way to find a BIOS update is through CyberPower's website :

http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/Gigabyte

There is a new version that came out just yesterday.

edited.

You are correct.

I was too hasty before.

Checking my own bios I have F3.

F4 is the newest one.

• 5 months later...