Huge PC Upgrade need Help pls

N0ax

Budget (including currency): I dont really care but I dont want to waste money

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CSGO, VR Games with 2x4k VR-Headset, iRacing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current PC:

CPU: i7 7700k

GPU: gtx 1070 ti

RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3000 MHz

For GPU I was thinking RTX 3080 tiRX 6900XT or RX 6950XT

and CPU Ryzen 9 5900X, i7-12700KF or 7 5800X 

The thing is I know its slow, but I really want to keep my RAM 

Im open to suggestions 

Hello. Looks like you posted this too early. Please edit and fill out the form so people can make suggestions.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I think its best to get a Ryzen 7 5800x3D.  This is one of the best gaming cpus on the planet and it is not that expensive.  For the gpu, you can buy the Rx 6950xt on amds official website for the base price, so go with that.  Buy some x570 board and a 1000 watt Psu and your good to go!

17 minutes ago, JoHeJo06 said:

I think its best to get a Ryzen 7 5800x3D.  This is one of the best gaming cpus on the planet and it is not that expensive.  For the gpu, you can buy the Rx 6950xt on amds official website for the base price, so go with that.  Buy some x570 board and a 1000 watt Psu and your good to go!

I know that the 3D is very good, but the thing is according to bottleneck calculators im allready in a GPU bottleneck with the normal ryzen 7 5800x and the 6900xt

46 minutes ago, N0ax said:

I know that the 3D is very good, but the thing is according to bottleneck calculators im allready in a GPU bottleneck with the normal ryzen 7 5800x and the 6900xt

"Bottleneck calculators" are bullshit. The 5800X is absolutely not "bottlenecked" by the 6900XT, and nor will the 5800X3D be, although it is better at gaming than the regular 5800X. 

That said, I don't recommend the 5800X3D except to people who already have Ryzen systems with worse CPU's and just want the best gaming CPU for AM4 without changing platforms. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

45 minutes ago, Middcore said:

"Bottleneck calculators" are bullshit. The 5800X is absolutely not "bottlenecked" by the 6900XT, and nor will the 5800X3D be, although it is better at gaming than the regular 5800X. 

That said, I don't recommend the 5800X3D except to people who already have Ryzen systems with worse CPU's and just want the best gaming CPU for AM4 without changing platforms. 

Thanks! so should I get the ryzen 9?