PC is 10m / 33 ft away - Best way to connect Display & Peripherals Input-Lag Free?

i got hooked up by the idea placing the Gaming PC somewhere else and leaving the Room Silent,

the Idea itself is not new, i loved the realization within LTT Videos:

• (2016) with Thunderbolt 2 Cabel & Hub --> Final Deployment of My New PC! - Personal Rig Update 2015 Part 5 (FINALE)
  • (2019) Display via DisplayPort Cable, USB via FiberOpticCable & Icron USB 3 Multimode Extender --> THIS Replaced Every PC in my House!
  • (2021) with Thunderbolt 3 Cabel & Hub --> Finally Revealing my BIG SECRET - Corning Optical Thunderbolt 3
  • (2022) Display via Fiber Optic DisplayPort Cable, USB via FiberOpticCable & Icron USB 3 Multimode Extender --> My Wife Is Going to KILL Me...

so i would like to push my project into the same direction, my pc will be like 10m / 33ft away,

i already found nice Fiber Optic DisplayPort Cables in a reasonable price range,

but what do i do with usb? the Icron USB 3 Multimode Extender is hard pricey, is there a different way?

Has anyone already finished a similar Project?

and what about Input Lag while gaming?

heh kinda funny thought, Using Fiber optic HDMI Cables and putting usb through? would that work?!

im thinking about mixing it a bit, instead of the  Icron USB 3 Multimode Extender, to take the  Thunderbolt 3 fiber optical cable, its still very costly but cheaper than the extender

For 10m you can just use a "normal" active USB3 extension cable like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-10m-Active-Extension-Cable/dp/B00B9G4AZ0?th=1

They're pretty cheap. Stick a decent powered hub on the end for all your devices and your sorted. Lindy stuff is solid. You reach a limit of around 15m with that approach though AFAIK. Beyond there your into expensive fibreoptic solutions.

For Displayport your in a sort of zone where you might get away with a basic/copper cable, but might need fibreoptics. Basically depends on screen resolution. Personally i'd get a cheaper copper based cable and try it.

3 hours ago, Aragorn- said:

For 10m you can just use a "normal" active USB3 extension cable like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-10m-Active-Extension-Cable/dp/B00B9G4AZ0?th=1

They're pretty cheap. Stick a decent powered hub on the end for all your devices and your sorted. Lindy stuff is solid. You reach a limit of around 15m with that approach though AFAIK. Beyond there your into expensive fibreoptic solutions.

For Displayport your in a sort of zone where you might get away with a basic/copper cable, but might need fibreoptics. Basically depends on screen resolution. Personally i'd get a cheaper copper based cable and try it.

ah interesing and thank you for that hint, i will try that out since ints a way cheaper approach!

57 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Contrary to some mistaken beliefs, signals travel anywhere between 0.5 - 0.99 times the speed of light through a copper wire. There shouldn't be any noticeable signal delay because the cable is 10m long. Or 20m. It would actually have to be at least 150 km before you get up close to the spooky 1 ms increased input lag.

i am too, spooked by all the different messages in different forums about the lenght and signal reaches of 10m, thank you for the calming words, i will try it out and keep this post upated

20 hours ago, l3g4to said:

im thinking about mixing it a bit, instead of the  Icron USB 3 Multimode Extender, to take the  Thunderbolt 3 fiber optical cable, its still very costly but cheaper than the extender

looks like this idea is kinda maybe not the greatest, within the LTT Video "I've waited so long for this..." the TB3 Extension-Version was not really put in a good light 😄 

22 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

Contrary to some mistaken beliefs, signals travel anywhere between 0.5 - 0.99 times the speed of light through a copper wire. There shouldn't be any noticeable signal delay because the cable is 10m long. Or 20m. It would actually have to be at least 150 km before you get up close to the spooky 1 ms increased input lag.

Any noticeable latency will come from the devices converting between standards to shove whichever signals you've got through the cable.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.