Highest CPU OC you've ever got?

990fxa-ud5 and FX8150 at 5.7 (82c) stable, able to boot at 6.2. chip was on a custom loop.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Highest I've got is about 3.35GHz on my A8-3850 which has a locked down multiplier and voltage control so it was on stock voltage. I ran like that for a while but for some reason when I reset the BIOS for a different thing it refused to be stable at a speed that high so now it's running a bit over 3GHz and it's just unstable at anything higher. (I really don't understand. I have the exact same settings and setup but it still doesn't work.) Stock speed is 2.9GHz.

On my old 3GHz P4 rig I attempted a CPU overclock (Back when I didn't know that much about overclocking.) and reached 4GHz but it was really unstable. I actually ran it at 3.6GHz for awhile and it worked fine but for some reason in CoD 2 I was getting really bad artifacting. Took me awhile to realize the problem was with the CPU clock and not the GPU.

One thing I hate about my CPU is that it lets me "change" my multiplier but it really does nothing when you set it to anything higher than 29 but it still reports a higher multiplier. Because of that it took me awhile to realize my CPU wasn't really running 5.5GHz on stock voltage. Another thing is that I've read about people reaching higher speeds with my CPU but I'm stuck with a piddly 100MHz overclock. At least my GPU is happy to run much higher speeds than stock even with the voltage hardware limited to 1.162v.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Highest I got was 4.9 GHZ on an 8120 at 1.5v. Max temp was 65 degrees with 21 degree room temp. Motherboard is a sabertooth 990FX

I pushed my 4670k to 4.9 GHz for the lulz once. Voltage was super fucking high though. I just wanted to see if it would boot, which it did. I then lowered it back to 4.5 GHz.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Got my i7 2600K to 4,2 GHz on my Asus P8Z77-MPRO, easily. ;)

Highest I have ever got:

Core 2 Duo E7500 2.9GHz OC to 4.4GHz

My 3770K wont even go past 4GHz :(

Percentage of Performance gained,.... then... mine would have to be the older dualcore E4300 (1.8Ghz) up to 3.3Ghz on the stock cooler <-- at the time it was a beast improvement considering the cooler/mobo

But I'm happy with my 2600K, older mobo (z68) it got up to 4.9Ghz, this motherboard now (z77) I can get to 5.04Ghz and has a more stable set of features than my older z68 board.

I have clocked other CPU's, but they were not that flash, or I didn't bother finding their maximums.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

my 4770k sucks it only does 4.2ghz max with custom watercooling

1.18v 

My i5 4670k is currently at 4.3 Ghz but only because I can guarantee its stability for hours on end. Planning on stress testing it for at least a few hours this weekend on much higher clock speeds.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...