OnePlus One For $1(USD)

NotTooGoodWithTech

I completely understand why they did this, from a business perspective. But it really is a huge load of BS considering most of the hype was driven by people looking to get rid of their 'Old phone' like the site had always promised. They want newer phones, with new faces, that a lot of people are familiar with to be destroyed in a tv ad or whatever viral footage they intend to release by using the user submitted videos, they want to show the public how these new phones are no match for theirs, and they do that by taking new flagship phones and making people dispose of them in favour of the OnePlus One.

You want me to smash my 600 euro phone to be in with a chance to win a 300 euro phone.

Yeah ok.

Never lost interest in a device so quickly, I thought Samsungs marketing team was a pain.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You want me to smash my 600 euro phone to be in with a chance to win a 300 euro phone.

Yeah ok.

Never lost interest in a device so quickly, I thought Samsungs marketing team was a pain.

You don't have a 'chance of winning' if you destroy your phone. You apply, hear if you win, THEN once you know you've won, you destroy the phone and record it. But all the applicable phones are other high end phones, so it's quite misleading.

What a misleading title and a bs marketing campaign.

They won't give out the One Plus One to everybody for $1 who smashes their old iphone 5 or their samsung phone, there will only be a 100 people selected from the literally tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands who have signed up for this campaign. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

This shouldn't be considered a deal, only 100 people who are willing to smash their 'qualified phone' are able to get it at this price! Only expensive (or phones that are cheap ON CONTRACT) qualify.

I signed up, my Lumia 925 is like $200 new on ebay, less if I try to resell my old one, and either way this PHONE will be a hot deal once it's released, $300 off contract for a phone that's on par with phones double that price