New House Home Theatre Setup!

James
7 hours ago, cmndr said:

While I agree with much of the sentiment of your post, I'm going to HARD disagree with the "built in speakers" comment.

Even a $70, on sale from Costco, Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speaker set is a VERY STRONG step up from the bulk of TV speaker sets.

Diminishing returns certainly kick in at some point and you don't need a full 7.2.4 set up to be happy (I have one, I'm using it right now), there's a big jump from TV speakers to ANY not awful speakers that are properly positioned and a further jump to a good 4.1 set up (2 GOOD front speakers, 2 serviceable side speakers and a GOOD subwoofer).

Oh, I know what you mean... it's just that it may be hard to appreciate the difference when your child is watching Paw Patrol, or you're exhausted from a long day and will be happy to stream anything that lets you relax. In short: elaborate home theatres and parenthood often aren't the best of friends.

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

Oh, I know what you mean... it's just that it may be hard to appreciate the difference when your child is watching Paw Patrol, or you're exhausted from a long day and will be happy to stream anything that lets you relax. In short: elaborate home theatres and parenthood often aren't the best of friends.

Fair.
At this point my SO isn't having any kids and while she's NOT an audiophile even SHE is impressed with the subwoofer that I got her... that she didn't want because it was huge and took up space and was big and... "ooh I feel the rumblies, I like"

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Linus should really look at VL flock sheets (creators of Musuo black...which is even better than Black 3.0)

https://www.ko-pro.black/flocksheet/

It's better than velvet...and since he's going to the extreme might as well go all the way.  Probably could cover a room that size with less than a $1000 worth of VL flock sheets (specifically this type, as it blocks 99.5% black light...vs felt which is considerably worse...something like 95-98%).  Honestly with the brightness of @LinusTech's projector I bet even black felt will still light up the room.

I mean if he really wants to go all out, there's also a 99.9% visible light (but likely won't be able to get his hands on it for an extended period of time as they are sold out...but who knows maybe they would want to sponsor Linus or something)

https://www.ko-pro.black/product/musou-black-fabric-kiwami/

Actually, it would be really cool to see something like comparing a "cheap" felt wall vs something like the Kiwami or VL Flock sheet.  The additional benefit, you can use it for the two black strips that "raise" up to crop the top and bottom of the projector screen for different aspect ratios.  With the 99.5 or 99.9% efficiency ones, even if you had a white image blasting onto it, I bet you would barely be able to notice it.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

I'd put those 2 cylinder subs in the back and put 4-18" or 21" sealed subs in the front under the screen.  

And I'd replace the SVS front speakers with something like the JTR NOESIS 212RT for true HT impact. 

Front+-+No+Grill.jpeg

Untitled-1 (2).jpg