Forza Horizon 5 Crashing PC

Polysaccharide

Hi everyone,

Forza Horizon 5 is crashing my PC on a semi regular Basis whenever I'm playing it (Main Display Black, Secondary Display Green, but Audio continues playing and I can still communicate with friends on Discord through voicechat), sometimes it doesnt crash for the whole Session and sometimes it crashes every 5 minutes, also not specific to the part of the game, sometimes it crashes in Loading screens, sometimes it crashes ingame, sometimes when modding cars. I looked in Eventviewer and got this Error, but I have no Idea what to do with it at all.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ForzaHorizon5.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x62390e0c
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: amdxc64.dll, Version: 30.0.15021.1001, Zeitstempel: 0x624601e2
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000005cc6b
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4084
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d85318a308d1f0
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.444.438.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0378260.inf_amd64_40abed5fb3813c91\B378199\amdxc64.dll
Berichtskennung: 167b3d02-38ba-4637-8ca8-cccb1c127828
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.444.438.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: Forzahorizon5

Sorry, its in German, but I tried googleing the Fault Codes, but never got anything useful out of it.

My PCs Specs are:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3800XT

GPU - Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700XT

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance Pro RGB

PSU - Thermaltake 750W PSU (Some kind of RGB Model, I cant remeber exactly what it is)

MOBO - ASRock AB350 Pro4

I am also on the latest GPU Driver Updates and Windows Updates (Win11)

If Ive forgotten to mention some Information, feel free to ask me for it, I'll do my best to provide it.

9 minutes ago, Polysaccharide said:

amdxc64.dll

AMD graphics driver related dll, so it is safe to assume its your graphics card being unstable or the drivers being quality AMD is known for. Does this happen in other games?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

AMD graphics driver related dll, so it is safe to assume its your graphics card being unstable or the drivers being quality AMD is known for. Does this happen in other games?

The only other game that this happens to is RDR2, but none of my other games have this problem

Just now, Polysaccharide said:

The only other game that this happens to is RDR2, but none of my other games have this problem

RDR2 is also very GPU intensive, can you max out your graphics card fans before launching the games and see if it happens later than usual?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

42 minutes ago, Levent said:

RDR2 is also very GPU intensive, can you max out your graphics card fans before launching the games and see if it happens later than usual?

So, I maxed out the fans before starting FH5 this time, and played for about an hour before the Game itself crashed, but the PC did not. Event Viewer came up with this Fault this time:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ForzaHorizon5.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6261026d
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.653, Zeitstempel: 0xbaecbb56
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000124a20
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x47fc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d87293e22652c8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.455.709.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: e91d5d2c-003c-4951-99f0-bde995261a9e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.455.709.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

30 minutes ago, Polysaccharide said:

So, I maxed out the fans before starting FH5 this time, and played for about an hour before the Game itself crashed, but the PC did not. Event Viewer came up with this Fault this time:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ForzaHorizon5.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6261026d
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.653, Zeitstempel: 0xbaecbb56
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000124a20
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x47fc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d87293e22652c8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.455.709.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: e91d5d2c-003c-4951-99f0-bde995261a9e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.455.709.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Your issue might not be GPU alone. I assume 1 hour was an improvement over leaving fans at auto? Considering you got Corsair rams which are notorious for Ryzen systems, I suggest you to download Prime95 and run LargeFFT test for atleast an hour and see if it crashes.

Seems like your systems spits random driver errors. First off:

- Check and if necessary update your motherboard bios.

- then check for a VBIOS update for your GPU. 

- DDU and then clean GPU drivers install

- in BIOS make sure the PCIe version for the GPU slot isn't set to Auto, but to PCIe gen4 (or 3 if your mobo is a bit old and doesn't have it)

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

22 hours ago, Levent said:

Your issue might not be GPU alone. I assume 1 hour was an improvement over leaving fans at auto? Considering you got Corsair rams which are notorious for Ryzen systems, I suggest you to download Prime95 and run LargeFFT test for atleast an hour and see if it crashes.

I ran Prime95 on large FFT for a bit over 1.5 Hours and had no Errors...

unknown.png

3 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Seems like your systems spits random driver errors. First off:

- Check and if necessary update your motherboard bios.

- then check for a VBIOS update for your GPU. 

- DDU and then clean GPU drivers install

- in BIOS make sure the PCIe version for the GPU slot isn't set to Auto, but to PCIe gen4 (or 3 if your mobo is a bit old and doesn't have it)

Bios is up to date, vbios is also already up to date. Ive now done a DDU and clean Install of the GPU Drivers and I've set the Speed from Auto to Gen3

So...I ran FH5 today again and hard crashed after half an hour ingame. This time the Main Display was black and the second one green, like before, but my PC restarted itself this time. Every previous time I had to manually restart it.

Soo... started getting artifacts. Run Furmark and see if you would start getting artifacts in there as well. If it happens, try underclocking the GPU memory in Afterburner by at least 100MHz. If still the same, bring memory clock back to normal and underclock the core by 100MHz. If any of this solves the problem, you have a dying GPU.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

I ran Furmark for an hour on completely Stock settings and had no crash, no Arifacts, nothing abnormal. GPU Temps were also relatively ok at 88 Celcius after an hour

Hm.. that's odd then. Have you tried compatibility mode for some other version of Windows and running it as administrator ?

Hmm...that seems to have fixed it for now, hopefully it stays that way

1 hour ago, Polysaccharide said:

Hmm...that seems to have fixed it for now, hopefully it stays that way

Well.. Windows 11 is still... i don't wanna say in beta phase, but most certainly in gamma testing phase. Still a number of things have to be fixed, so it's not that unusual for an application or two to act weird.

Sooo....after a while my PC started crashing again...so the fix didnt really help...any ther Ideas?

Crashing like freezing and restarting or spitting errors?

Same Crash like my initial Problem, PC still plays sound, and I can talk to my friends on DC, but the Main Screen is Black and the Second screen is Green.

The green part leads me to some hardware output/interface problem. If the cable to one of your monitors is shite and makes it lose connection, thus forcing the other screen to get stuck while switching mode inside the apps, it's possible to have this sort of f-ed up experience. Try without the 2nd monitor and see if the problem persists. 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:15 AM, Levent said:

...Considering you got Corsair rams which are notorious for Ryzen systems...

Do you mean notoriously bad? I'm curious because this year I might update my system CPU/RAM/Mobo combo (currently on Intel 9900k, Strix Z390, 32Gb Corsair), and go with AMD. I normally buy Corsair RAM, but if they are bad I suppose I should be looking at competitors that have better synergy with Ryzen.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, QuantumSingularity said:

The green part leads me to some hardware output/interface problem. If the cable to one of your monitors is shite and makes it lose connection, thus forcing the other screen to get stuck while switching mode inside the apps, it's possible to have this sort of f-ed up experience. Try without the 2nd monitor and see if the problem persists. 

Ive tried with one Monitor and the Problem is still there...