No boot with RX6900XT out of the blue

Francois7274

My RX6900XT MERC XFX card just stopped working yesterday after a year and a couple months. The debug VGA LED on my motherboard would stay on so I knew something was up with the card. This has happened before when I first installed the card but all I needed to do was reseat it and make sure I had all the right drivers. What makes me really confused is that yesterday the system would post if I didnt have the display port cable connected but today it wont post at all. Im going to get my brothers 1660 and test if it works in my system and try to test the 6900 in his system but its just so strange that it happened out of the blue like this.

Motherboard MSI B550

CPU 5950X AMD

RAM CORSAIR 16GB VENGEANCE PRO RGB 3600MHZ

I have reseated everything, reset bios, tried switching bios on the card itself, tried the 8x slot, nothing has worked so far

You mentioned the system would post if you don't have DP connected, so you're using HDMI then? If you can get it booted to windows you can go safe mode and DDU

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

5 hours ago, JogerJ said:

You mentioned the system would post if you don't have DP connected, so you're using HDMI then? If you can get it booted to windows you can go safe mode and DDU

What I meant was when no display cables are connected it would post, but that stopped this morning. It wont post at all now.