What is THIS BS and how do I get rid of it?

An0maly_76

image.thumb.png.e3890b4132b3db5feedfe9692eaf9b52.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Looks kinda cool not gonna lie. 

no idea what it is though or where it comes from, sorry.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Yeah what is that? Win 10 San Francisco edition?

You should be able to disable it in when right clicking the taskbar itself, or in taskbar settings, because it is on the taskbar after all, although i have never seen it before.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah what is that? Win 10 San Francisco edition?

You should be able to disable it in when right clicking the taskbar itself, or in taskbar settings, because it is on the taskbar after all, although i have never seen it before.

It looks like microsoft version of google doodle but with a more in-your-face approach 

It's some bullsh*t integration of Microsoft Edge into the task bar, methinks... I kinda need to use search from time to time, I just want this bullsh*t gone. It's irritating.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

It's some bullsh*t integration of Microsoft Edge into the task bar, methinks... I kinda need to use search from time to time, I just want this bullsh*t gone. It's irritating.

I mean, just disable it then? It is either in Microsoft edge experimental features, or in taskbar settings if it is windows related.

Also disable the search bar, it just takes up valuable real estate.

If you just press the windows key and start typing you can search as well, you don't actually need the search bar for that.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

If you open start and start typing you engage search. No need for the searchbar.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

If you open start and start typing you engage search. No need for the searchbar.

The whole point is that something has been added to my taskbar that I do not want. And I want it gone. I am ready to go Linux because of this. I am extremely tired of Microshaft and their bullsh*t. I paid for my hardware in full and I bought a retail copy of Win 10 against my better judgement. Now, among other things, I'm getting forced unwanted 'features' via update. It's the digital equivalent of the song of Barney the Dinosaur or Blue's Clues on endless repeat.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

14 minutes ago, Caroline said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No less than 2 cobalt infused warheads and special ground cleansing teams.

Don't worry FBI agent I don't have access to them and also I'm kinda far from SF.

Oh, you mean the start menu. Uninstall Edge and disable the search thing on the taskbar settings, you can also install Open Shell to get the old start menu back.

Can't be done. Uninstall and Modify are both greyed out. Can someone help me to start on switching over to Ubuntu or something? I have HAD it with this bullsh*t. 🖕Microsoft, and especially 🖕Bill Gates! Yes, I am aware he is no longer actively involved with the company per se, but he created this monster in the first place. There is a reason I use LibreOffice or OpenOffice.

Microsoft seems to view our software usage as some creepy cyber version of Green Eggs And Ham... except we REALLY DON'T LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM!

I do not like your stupid spam,

I really do not give a d*mn...

I will not use Edge here or there,

I will not use it anywhere.

Don't want a Microsoft account,

Cortana I want no amount,

Your stupid updates give me fits...

Off my PC, keep your mitts...

JFC, now I'm bastardizing Dr. Seuss...

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."

I'm dead serious, if I can't get rid of this crap, I need someone to guide me on switching to Ubuntu or something. I'm not having this.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I did make my way to a menu that allows uninstalling Windows updates. Hopefully, that will take care of it. But despite my specifically disabling updates in a manner I was told was permanent, but reversible if *I* chose, seems my PC has still been 'calling home' to the Microshaft mothership. Mark my words, if this keeps up, I don't care if I paid full price for Win10, I'll trash it for some form of Linux.

5 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Yes, yes my darling, abandon M$, embrace Gentoo.

Ubuntu is probably the easiest distro to install and use if you've never used Linux before, but don't expect to run windows software on it, like, you won't have ms office, outlook, windows games, etc. For everything else it's unironically a great distro.

Does Wine not work on Ubuntu? I don't use much (if any) Microshaft software. I would like to be able to run certain Windows games such as American Truck Simulator or BeamNG.drive -- and I'm told Wine has had some excellent updates that eliminate a lot of previous compatibility issues. So if not Ubuntu, what else? Is that what you meant by Gentoo?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Guessing that's the shite that's coming to windows 11 once they harmogenise the latest insider build

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Uninstalled the last two updates. This BS is still there. Watching a vid on Gentoo now.

24 minutes ago, Caroline said:

WINE is a compatibility tool, it doesn't ensures every software will work as Wine Is Not an Emulator. Linux as a whole is not an operating system to play games on, I use it all the time (Arch) but also have a Windows LTSC install only for games.

If you still want games then you should look into LTSC, it's Windows without bloatware.

You mean as in a dual-boot? What is the difference in a 'compatibility tool' as opposed to an 'emulator'?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

It's the new search experience called 'Search Highlights'. Windows 11 and 10 have it.

It is more useful for companies where it integrated with company documents that is shared with employees groups. Normally this was accessible only through Bing website, hidden away. Now it is properly integrated.

For home, you have this Bing page.

It can be disabled under Settings panel.

Settings > Privacy & Security > Search Permissions > More Settings, and turn off "Search highlight". You'll get back the useless and boring Search panel of ol.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

It's the new search experience called 'Search Highlights'. Windows 11 and 10 have it.

It is more useful for companies where it integrated with company documents that is shared with employees groups. Normally this was accessible only through Bing website, hidden away. Now it is properly integrated.

For home, you have this Bing page.

It can be disabled under Settings panel.

Settings > Privacy & Security > Search Permissions > More Settings, and turn off "Search highlight". You'll get back the useless and boring Search panel of ol.

Where, exactly? I'm not seeing it in anything I've tried.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!