Dell XPS 15 9550 Drivers Up To Date?

paulyron

Have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop for many years.  Specs are

i5-6300hq processor

1tb ssd nvme  - Upgraded from 250gb ssd a while back

32gb ram  -  Upgraded from 8gb a while back.

intel hd 530 graphics

nvidia geforce 960m

Months ago, I believe I might have gotten malware on my windows laptop.  Bought kaspersky total and did scans and found nothing.  Ended up doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 pro anyways.  When I did this, there was no internet.  I found out i had to download the wifi drivers.  So on another windows laptop, i downloaded 2 wifi adapter/drivers and then put it on a usb flash drive.  Then plugged that usb flash drive to my clean reinstalled laptop and was able to get wifi.  I then went to dell site and entered in my dell xps 15 9550 serial number to see what drivers i had to download.  I basically downloaded all the drivers that said important.  I downloaded some other drivers that were recommended.  But when I was doing this, I noticed there were some yellow exclamation marks on device manager so I know some drivers I didn't have.  I ended up doing a bunch of trial and error by downloaidng any driver on dell site that seemed important.  I then noticed many of those yellow exclamation marks were almost gone which mean almost all the driers i installed that is needed.  Then I went to windows updates and installed one of the optional drivers on windows update and after restarting my laptop, notice no more yellow exclamation marks so figure that was good enough.

I then downloaded kaspersky total again on the laptop.  Then downloaded chrome and other programs.  I been using this laptop for many months already but notice some lagging especially on chrome.  Now anytime there is a required windows update, I eventually do it.  But how do I know if I downloaded all the necessary drivers for my laptop?  Thing is everything seemed good last time when I set it up so I thought that was good enough.  But how do i know all my drivers are up to date?  Example the intel hd 530 graphics when i check task manager - performance shows the driver is from few months ago so that is most likely updated??  But the nvidia geforce 960m shows a 2020 date so that mean it has to be not update?

When i go to device manager and i click on processor, intel core (TM) i5-6300 HQ @ 2.3 Ghz, it shows the driver date as 2009?  Does that mean its not updated?  Got this laptop around 6 years ago so why does it show that?  No idea what this showed last time before I did clean reinstall.  But is this normal?  I know this laptop is an older laptop but still works fine but how do i know if all my drivers are up to date?  When there is a windows update, does it update those thngs?  What about the graphics card?  Again I didn't install all the drivers from dell site... but installed the important ones or the ones that looked important.  So what do i do now?

I like using this instead of manufacturer pages when there are exclamation marks:

https://www.snappy-driver-installer.org/

For GPU go straight to Nvidia/AMD.

1 hour ago, paulyron said:

I been using this laptop for many months already but notice some lagging especially on chrome. 

It's a Dell...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2