Which is better, Intel or AMD

New to computers, etc. Doing first build and trying to decide between the different CPU chip brands. Which one do you think is better? I intend to use the finished Computer for gaming, crypto, etc.

Depends on your budget.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, MadMunchkin said:

New to computers, etc. Doing first build and trying to decide between the different CPU chip brands. Which one do you think is better? I intend to use the finished Computer for gaming, crypto, etc.

Not really a question that can be answered in isolation and largely depends on what's important to you across the rest of the components in the system. Intel 12900k is arguably the fastest CPU just now but uses a LOT of power, but then the AMD 5800X3D came along, and now AMD are going to release 7000 series shortly. Intel and AMD will always flip-flop between themselves I think.

Basically doesn't really matter IMO, just pick the right number of cores at the right price for you and off you go...

Depends on your use case and also your budget. Intel may have the best single thread performance at the moment, if you buy the most high end CPU, but the situation might change when it comes to lower priced ones. AMD generally has better multi-threaded performance, but again, that might not be true for all price points.

For gaming you want a fast GPU more than a fast CPU (but still fast enough)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply