Controller Input latency

Mathantastic

Im currently using an xbox one controller, one of those old ones that don't support bluetooth, with the wireless adapter for PC, and whenever I play any platformer, or retro titles, I always notice that the input lag is pretty bad, so I was wondering if there is any better wireless controllers for PC, when it comes to input latency
I knwo the 8bitdo ones require that adapter wich ads latency, so I think 8bitdo is a no, also any nintendo controller also requires the same adapter, so no aswell, do the xbox controllers that support bluetooth nativly have better latency? 
What is the best way to connect a controller wirelessly to minimize latency? My mouse is wireless (logitech g305) and its input latency is pretty much unoticable, actually I think it has less lag than the old wired mouse I used to use before it, y isn't it the same with controllers?

I use an xbox one controller (the one s one) with bluetooth and have no issues on phones or on pc. (I plug it into my pc via the cable most times tho)

No noticeable latency

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

I use an XBOX series controller on BT, there is a slight amount of latency, but I'm also running BT on a $14 TP link dongle so do with that as you may.

i've got a pair of 8bitdo sn30 pro's

they use both usb and bluetooth, and to my hands at least they seem fine latency wise.

First off are you sure it's the controller. if you use the keyboard do you still get latency?

I have the SN30 and it works pretty good. and a ps3 controller that runs great wired and wireless

2 hours ago, cstrachn said:

First off are you sure it's the controller. if you use the keyboard do you still get latency?

I have the SN30 and it works pretty good. and a ps3 controller that runs great wired and wireless

I mean, if I compare wired controller vs wireless controller I clearly notice the diference
On the video (first one wireless, secound one wired) I caught like one extra frame on wireless, and thats on a 24fps camera
I guess if I want super low latency I really have to go for wired then, I was wondering if there was an option, cause I never noticed that kind of lag on my mouse, but maybe its because the kinds of games I play on mouse are less likely to show lag (i don't play many FPSs)