Fps Drops are getting out of hand

Every time I try to update my GPU through geforce experience it asks me to restart my computer --- having nvidia pc's for years it has never asked me to do that before but it has been asking me to do that for the last few updates. Recently I've been getting a decent  amount of FPS Stutters in games I used to never lag in. I cap my fps at 60 fps and i keep getting fps drops to around 45. Even on Medium  or High presets. consistently every 30 seconds or so. Like say loading into a match of fortnite, for example; I get a lot of lag as the match is starting; and then throughout the match I get big drops as I'm moving. This happens even if I let nvidia optimize my games. I've reinstalled the driver but it didn't seem to do anything I have set settings to maximum power usage for my pc and gpu but nothing changes. My GPU and CPU temps are usually around 40-59 degrees under heavy load and I've recently cleaned dust out of the pc. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do.

Specs
CPU: i7 8700

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1660 ti

Motherboard: Asus prime h310 plus motherboard

RAM: 16 gb ddr4 ram

PSU:  Allied ald500exp 500w

Storage : 3 SSD's of various sizes. 

I'd give DDU a try

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

You need to do some graphing to see what's going on when the frame dips occur. A good start would be running MSIAfterburner in the background and taking a quick look at how GPU usage and clocks are looking during slowdowns.

One commonly overlooked issue is that the SSD your game or OS is installed on is nearly full. SSDs don't like being 80%+ full of data and will cause latency and read/write slowdowns. Have you tried a different drive for your games? You can also check Task Manager performance tab and see how much your drives are being utilised. 90%+ drive utilisation during gaming means stuttering most of the time, and means something may be amiss there.

If everything checks out, I'd probably be sus of the PSU next. But I'd first check for evidence of the CPU/GPU showing low power usage or something first.

i5-12600KF @ 5ghz (1.18v)

EVGA RTX 2080 8GB 2080mhz + G12 AIO Thermaltake 240mm

Corsair 16gb Vengeance RGB 3600mhz C16
CPU-Z Single-thread: 803 || CPU-Z Multi-thread: 7948
Fire Strike GPU Score: 29,784

This totally a brute force approach, but when was the last time you reinstalled windows?  If this isn't too much of an inconvenience, it usually resolves a lot of little things that take forever to find surgically, but sometimes it can be a pain if you have a lot of stuff saved to your windows partition.  For this reason, I'll always advise people to create a separate ~60GB partition for windows, drivers, launcher, and such to allow for easy reinstalls.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

13 hours ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I'd give DDU a try

I have given DDU a try but it didn't seem to help

5 hours ago, OverTheBelow said:

You need to do some graphing to see what's going on when the frame dips occur. A good start would be running MSIAfterburner in the background and taking a quick look at how GPU usage and clocks are looking during slowdowns.

One commonly overlooked issue is that the SSD your game or OS is installed on is nearly full. SSDs don't like being 80%+ full of data and will cause latency and read/write slowdowns. Have you tried a different drive for your games? You can also check Task Manager performance tab and see how much your drives are being utilised. 90%+ drive utilisation during gaming means stuttering most of the time, and means something may be amiss there.

If everything checks out, I'd probably be sus of the PSU next. But I'd first check for evidence of the CPU/GPU showing low power usage or something first.

So from what I can see my gpu uses 80-90 watts when max power is set  and around 50 watts but not hitting 1500mhz on optimal power settings. I did some uninstalling and it helped a tiny bit.