Intermittent PC Buzzing Noise PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME! I'M GOING CRAZY!

pcbro

Hi all,

I recently completed my band new PC build. All the parts are completely new and have only been in use for a month or two. Recently, though, when running, it's been emitting this EXTREMELY annoying buzzing sound. Naturally, I immediately tried to isolate the source, and concluded that it WASN'T coming from any of many internal cooling fans. It's currently been 2 ish weeks of constant hell for me, and the sound continues to persist. Below, I've attached a link to a video containing it for more context. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Link to YT Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7ejDXlwMbvI

That is a coil whine of the gpu, its annoying and normal, but nothing you can do about it.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:17 AM, ET_Explorer said:

That is a coil whine of the gpu, its annoying and normal, but nothing you can do about it.

did you watch the video? I was under the impression that it wasn't that based off the sound. 

On 5/22/2022 at 8:19 AM, pcbro said:

Hi all,

I recently completed my band new PC build. All the parts are completely new and have only been in use for a month or two. Recently, though, when running, it's been emitting this EXTREMELY annoying buzzing sound. Naturally, I immediately tried to isolate the source, and concluded that it WASN'T coming from any of many internal cooling fans. It's currently been 2 ish weeks of constant hell for me, and the sound continues to persist. Below, I've attached a link to a video containing it for more context. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Link to YT Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7ejDXlwMbvI

I know you said it wasn't coming from fans, but that's really what it sounds like to me.  Have you checked the CPU cooler and GPU fans as well?  I had a similar noise and it was one of the cables of my non-modular power supply that was barely touching one of my fans.  It was really hard to diagnose with the PC off, I had to leave it running and take the side panel off to figure out where the noise was coming from.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

7 hours ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

I know you said it wasn't coming from fans, but that's really what it sounds like to me.  Have you checked the CPU cooler and GPU fans as well?  I had a similar noise and it was one of the cables of my non-modular power supply that was barely touching one of my fans.  It was really hard to diagnose with the PC off, I had to leave it running and take the side panel off to figure out where the noise was coming from.

Is there a fan in the power supply? I'd have no idea how to access that honestly. I've taken off one of the size panels, but not the other as it's the back one. I'll have a look now. 

On 5/22/2022 at 6:17 PM, ET_Explorer said:

this is a bit..  premature?  there's definitely things you can at least try...

limiting framerate,  undervolting being the most obvious ones

15 hours ago, pcbro said:

did you watch the video? I was under the impression that it wasn't that based off the sound. 

tbh i just did and its all kinds of confusing... it kinda sounds like coilwhine but on and off in a way it shouldn't even be really possible...

Did you have a game running while making this video?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 5/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Mark Kaine said:

this is a bit..  premature?  there's definitely things you can at least try...

limiting framerate,  undervolting being the most obvious ones

tbh i just did and its all kinds of confusing... it kinda sounds like coilwhine but on and off in a way it shouldn't even be really possible...

Did you have a game running while making this video?

no, I don't. Pretty sure I just had Crome open. The sound coincides with a slight vibration which you can hear in person. 

1 hour ago, pcbro said:

no, I don't. Pretty sure I just had Crome open. The sound coincides with a slight vibration which you can hear in person. 

hmm ok then i guess it's a fan cause coilwhine should only happen playing a game, and not that abruptly... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity