Need help on fixing lines when I print

Hello everyone, I wanted your guys help on fixing a issue my printer has been having for a couple of days. My printer is a canon pixma g3260, and it has been printing fine for a few days and all of a sudden it started printing like lines on the paper. It mainly has a issue when I print the color black but this would happen to some colors too. Looked at canon's website to find nothing about how to fix this issue when printing.

My second issue i have is when printing on my brand new windows computer, the print would appear lighter then it should be. I didn't have this issue when I printed on my Chromebook and I wanted to find a way on printing on my windows pc instead of printing on my Chromebook. Anything would help!

35 minutes ago, BeerusChampa said:

Hello everyone, I wanted your guys help on fixing a issue my printer has been having for a couple of days. My printer is a canon pixma g3260, and it has been printing fine for a few days and all of a sudden it started printing like lines on the paper. It mainly has a issue when I print the color black but this would happen to some colors too. Looked at canon's website to find nothing about how to fix this issue when printing.

My second issue i have is when printing on my brand new windows computer, the print would appear lighter then it should be. I didn't have this issue when I printed on my Chromebook and I wanted to find a way on printing on my windows pc instead of printing on my Chromebook. Anything would help!

I'll preface this by saying printers are fickle beasts best troubleshot in a field with baseball bats.

Can you take a clear in-focus photo of the "lines" being printed? Since your machine doesn't use cartridges, the printhead isn't built into the ink cartridges and thus isn't replaced when you refill the ink. This means it's even more important to print regularly so it doesn't dry out and/or run regular cleaning cycles. Also, if the tubes supplying the printhead with ink become clogged or printhead itself does dry out so much that cleaning cycles don't revive it, the machine usually becomes e-waste, as unclogging the tubes or obtaining a replacement printhead often costs as much as a replacement printer. (We have an aging Epson Artisan 830 printer experiencing air in the ink supply tubes because we let it go too long without printing over the pandemic.)

Page 365 of your printer's user manual contains troubleshooting steps.

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1039381

As for the lighter print quality when printing from different machines, I would check your print settings. Last I checked, Chromebooks don't have as many adjustable print quality settings compared to Windows, Linux, or Mac systems. I'd play around with the quality settings in the Canon Driver Software on your Windows machine until you get the printouts just the way you like them.
https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1039343

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I'll preface this by saying printers are fickle beasts best troubleshot in a field with baseball bats.

Can you take a clear in-focus photo of the "lines" being printed? Since your machine doesn't use cartridges, the printhead isn't built into the ink cartridges and thus isn't replaced when you refill the ink. This means it's even more important to print regularly so it doesn't dry out and/or run regular cleaning cycles. Also, if the tubes supplying the printhead with ink become clogged or printhead itself does dry out so much that cleaning cycles don't revive it, the machine usually becomes e-waste, as unclogging the tubes or obtaining a replacement printhead often costs as much as a replacement printer. (We have an aging Epson Artisan 830 printer experiencing air in the ink supply tubes because we let it go too long without printing over the pandemic.)

Page 365 of your printer's user manual contains troubleshooting steps.

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1039381

As for the lighter print quality when printing from different machines, I would check your print settings. Last I checked, Chromebooks don't have as many adjustable print quality settings compared to Windows, Linux, or Mac systems. I'd play around with the quality settings in the Canon Driver Software on your Windows machine until you get the printouts just the way you like them.
https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1039343

spacer.png

My bad I forgot to attach this to the post

• 1 month later...

hello everyone, I came back to this thread because I have come across another issue when printing. As you know I have a canon g3260 and i got 2 months ago. So the issue is when ever I try printing borderless on plain paper from my windows computer, it makes the colors appear lighter than it should be. looking something like this:IMG_20220702_122146044.jpg.e7672f6ada8b62d401fa02af2ddb4d3b.jpg 

while its meant to look like thisgoku_ssjb_universe_tree_power_game_p2_by_hollowkingking_dewnrrq-fullview.thumb.jpg.d68932ba4033e2902b10281b3e70c0e1.jpg

could anyone help me?

oh yeah one more thing i forgot to add is when i try printing from chrome, it ends up looking like this:IMG_20220702_122204671.jpg.76dfe469851e89124ed6b97cead77e7d.jpg

It tends to look exactly how it was meant to print, but just cuts of the edges. I'm also printing this on plain paper and i found out that this printer is meant to print borderless