Confirming lga 1155 pinout

After i get my ghetto loop finally done ill be buying 3-4 1gb (~4-6$) sticks for my x58 system to run in triple channel but i may also bundle that with a 2$ g2030 + 6$ "dead" z77 extreme4

Spoiler

Reason i wanna get a z77 with a pentium is ram overclocking and ram spd modding, dont care about cpu oc since a 2500k will pale in comparison to an overclocked hex core westmere multicore wise even at 5g, though a 2600/2700k might be something ill consider if i can get one to 5g+ assuming i dont already run a westmere xeon to 4.8+ when i upgrade past my garbage x5660 to an e5649 or better

This z77 extreme4 looks to be a steal and looking at this pinout

Spoiler

th-3735378752.jpg.57a6565fb64f051ab1888e0c15c36db3.jpg

The 2 pins that appear to be snapped off/beyond repair are vcc and vss which should be fine since theres alot of vcc and vss leftover, example would be my now sold garbage p5q pro that had a snapped off gnd pin that worked completely fine

Heres the socket that im looking at repairing, it just looks like i just need to pick out the dust clumps, rebend some pins, give it a spray with IPA, and itll be back to working. ofc i also needa spray the entire board too cause it looks really dirty, might even need a dunk in water if its like my g31m vs3 aka board that needed to be dunked in a bucket of water to get all its filth off

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220521_195721.thumb.jpg.67a25ad7d59844fd72384dcfeed2a183.jpg

The question is if the pinout i looked at is correct or is it wrong and im looking at the wrong pinout, cause i would rather not be buying something that i cant fix with the tools that are currently at my disposal

THe AsRock Z77 extreme 4 is a problematic motherboard. I had one. After overclocking, the board lost 2 slots. was using a 2500K.

The VCC pin is a power pin

The VSS pin is a ground pin. you can get a away with missing this pin, but probably not the VCC pin.

Looks like you have the correct pinout yes. 

image.jpeg.4d5bcdaf6d3a8ed5f80ab812c8b88974.jpeg

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

THe AsRock Z77 extreme 4 is a problematic motherboard. I had one. After overclocking, the board lost 2 slots. was using a 2500K.

The VCC pin is a power pin

The VSS pin is a ground pin. you can get a away with missing this pin, but probably not the VCC pin.

Looks like you have the correct pinout yes. 

image.jpeg.4d5bcdaf6d3a8ed5f80ab812c8b88974.jpeg

At 6$ its a steal and losing ram slots is either the slots got dirty or the pins got dirty and can be fixed with dunking/spraying with 99% IPA

Ill prob mod the bios to fatal1ty or oc formula anyways, might even go for an asus p77v deluxe bios if asrock bios happens to suck ass

Btw ive seen these only go up to a pathetic 2.1-2.2v, why so damn low? Its not like the rams are even close to dying at that volt, maybe imc is prone to death over 2.2v? Who gives a crap when the cpus are 2$ ea, ill have to test with my samsung rev f as it is confirmed to run fine at 2.46v

57 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

At 6$ its a steal and losing ram slots is either the slots got dirty or the pins got dirty and can be fixed with dunking/spraying with 99% IPA

Ill prob mod the bios to fatal1ty or oc formula anyways, might even go for an asus p77v deluxe bios if asrock bios happens to suck ass

Btw ive seen these only go up to a pathetic 2.1-2.2v, why so damn low? Its not like the rams are even close to dying at that volt, maybe imc is prone to death over 2.2v? Who gives a crap when the cpus are 2$ ea, ill have to test with my samsung rev f as it is confirmed to run fine at 2.46v

Most memory won't scale past 2.1v anyways. D9 maybe, but always a product of diminishing returns.

9 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Most memory won't scale past 2.1v anyways. D9 maybe, but always a product of diminishing returns.

My rev f from 9-11-11-24 2200mhz at 2v to 8-11-10-18 2200mhz at 2.46v, though this is an old garbage ic so thats prob why its surviving this volt

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

My rev f from 9-11-11-24 2200mhz at 2v to 8-11-10-18 2200mhz at 2.46v, though this is an old garbage ic so thats prob why its surviving this volt

D9 isn't a garbage IC. Why do you keep saying that?

14 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

D9 isn't a garbage IC. Why do you keep saying that?

Bruh i was reffering to my samsung 1gbit rev f, d9 looks to be far better than this rev f considering the timings but atm im limited to 2 choices which is either elpida bdse or d9jnx, d9 will scale but if the timings arent good i dont think it matters, elpida stuff im hesitant about cause id rather not have a dud ic that dont scale much with volt

23 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Bruh i was reffering to my samsung 1gbit rev f, d9 looks to be far better than this rev f considering the timings but atm im limited to 2 choices which is either elpida bdse or d9jnx, d9 will scale but if the timings arent good i dont think it matters, elpida stuff im hesitant about cause id rather not have a dud ic that dont scale much with volt

Well it's not as quality of D9, BUT you've certainly obtain a nice frequency. So not really utter garbage, just the timings and voltage scaling isn't very good. 

Any experience I have with 1366 and DDR3 on a rampage II is that the IMC plays a HUGE role in memory overclocking. My 980X isn't as good as some Xeon chips I have, but the Xeon chips don't clock core frequency as well....