Looking for a Laptop for work.

Hello Everyone,

I am searching for a laptop that I can use for my Job, I am a teacher at a university.

My Budget is 600-$1000, I will manly use it for E-Mail and word and my system requirements are as follows:

It should have at least 15 Inches in Screen real estate,

It doesn't need to have any Touch functionality, doesn't need to be very slim 
should definitely still have USB A port,  Storage has to be upgradable, and it would be good if it had 2 Storage connectors.

It should also have a good Webcam, for Online School.

I have personally been eying the Lenovo E15 Gen 2, do any of you have experience with this Laptop?

Any other recommendations are also very welcome!

Best Regards

I've never had a bad experience with Lenovo, they've never sacrificed the "physical integrity" of their products (even the cheaper ones) IMHO and I often sell them to clients. They also make good candidates for 2nd hand and refurbished purchases, meaning you might get some cash back at the end of it's life with you, and move it on to it's second life with someone who has a use for it.

The LenovoEDU thing may benefit you too...

For context I stopped supplying HP laptops around the late 2000's, and Dell laptops around the mid 2010's (even with the massive discounts for being a Plat Dell dealer).

1 hour ago, Sartis-Glenn said:

I have personally been eying the Lenovo E15 Gen 2, do any of you have experience with this Laptop?

Get the G3 version of that. It comes with Ryzen 5000 instead 4000. It's still Lucienne~ as Zen2, but it comes with SMT at least.

Also: Display got upgraded from 250 nits to 300 nits, and Battery got bigger from 45 Wh to 57 Wh.

G4 is around the Corner, and upgrades the Chips to the Zen3 refreshes. But since you're not doing much, you won't notice any performance difference.
But you will probably notice the brighter Display and larger Battery.

E15 G3 with the Ryzen 5 5500u is enough, or even the 4-Core Model, Ryzen 3 5300u. Do NOT underestimate a 4-Core Chip for basic stuff, if the price difference is big enough.

I'd stick to AMD Ryzen models, as it's the only Thinkpad E-series right now with Dual Channel support (Soldered Ram + 1 Slot).

The Intel models have no soldered Ram, but still only 1 Slot. It probably won't matter at all for basic things, but still. AMD Chips are usually also more efficient.

Unless you NEED Thunderbolt, then get the Intel model.

16 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Get the G3 version of that. It comes with Ryzen 5000 instead 4000. It's still Lucienne~ as Zen2, but it comes with SMT at least.

Also: Display got upgraded from 250 nits to 300 nits, and Battery got bigger from 45 Wh to 57 Wh.

G4 is around the Corner, and upgrades the Chips to the Zen3 refreshes. But since you're not doing much, you won't notice any performance difference.
But you will probably notice the brighter Display and larger Battery.

E15 G3 with the Ryzen 5 5500u is enough, or even the 4-Core Model, Ryzen 3 5300u. Do NOT underestimate a 4-Core Chip for basic stuff, if the price difference is big enough.

I'd stick to AMD Ryzen models, as it's the only Thinkpad E-series right now with Dual Channel support (Soldered Ram + 1 Slot).

The Intel models have no soldered Ram, but still only 1 Slot. It probably won't matter at all for basic things, but still. AMD Chips are usually also more efficient.

Unless you NEED Thunderbolt, then get the Intel model.

Would a laptop from framework be any good?