GPU Help

Budget (including currency): about $240 US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly flight sims, war thunder, and VR games

Other details: I don't want to get a Rx 6500 XT because of the lack of encoders which can cause issues when steaming VR games to my quest 2

I have a i5 8400 and 16 gb of ram(further pc detail in bio)

Then you should get a used card. Look for 5500 XT (preferably 8gb), 580, 1660, 1650 Super (best encoder), 1060 6gb or 1070 (fastest)

46 minutes ago, Cheeto3778 said:

Budget (including currency): about $240 US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly flight sims, war thunder, and VR games

Other details: I don't want to get a Rx 6500 XT because of the lack of encoders which can cause issues when steaming VR games to my quest 2

I have a i5 8400 and 16 gb of ram(further pc detail in bio)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195053885252?epid=21009795907&hash=item2d6a1e1744%3Ag%3ATP4AAOSwg4FibxLf&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3000                               a gtx 1070 ti used for $230 12 people bought it probably legit all good reviews it basically performs like a rtx 3050 if you overclock it a bit

You can get a 6600 for about that if you live near microcenter and they have one open box.  I'd take that over a used card any day.  

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.