16 or 32 gigs of ram for new MacBook Pro? Logic Pro user

Hey Guys,

would love your thoughts on the new MacBook Pros, as I am planning on hopefully getting one in the next 6 months (freelancers assemble xD) im set on getting the 16 inch version with a 1tb SSD, the only part of it I am split between is getting 16 or 32 gigs of ram. 

I almost exclusively use my current MBP for Logic Pro, I do a lot of heavy music production, although very rarely use big libraries, and also do a lot of podcast production.

While my first thought is well I have 16 gigs now and never seem to run into issues, Im think for the future, as Id be hoping to keep a 3k euro laptop for quite a long time. With the sort of production I do, would it be worth splashing a big extra wad of cash on going up to 32 gigs of ram? Or will 16 be ok and just leave it at that.

Would love to know your thoughts, 

Will

Since you can't upgrade later if needed, I'd go for 32. Should also have a better resale value, if you ever decide to sell it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Which Device with 16gb Ram do you have now?
Keep in Mind, any M1 Pro Macbook Pro right now with 16gb Ram will be able to do MORE than Intel macs with 16gb Ram could:

You don't just have a much faster Ram (200 gb/s bandwidth), but also "Unified Memory", which is more efficient and faster.

If you encounter problems, you could just sell and upgrade.

But if you can afford it with ease, just invest into 32gb Ram. There's really worse you could do with your Money 😛

10 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Which Device with 16gb Ram do you have now?
Keep in Mind, any M1 Pro Macbook Pro right now with 16gb Ram will be able to do MORE than Intel macs with 16gb Ram could:

You don't just have a much faster Ram (200 gb/s bandwidth), but also "Unified Memory", which is more efficient and faster.

If you encounter problems, you could just sell and upgrade.

But if you can afford it with ease, just invest into 32gb Ram. There's really worse you could do with your Money 😛

Its not something I can afford with ease by any stretch, but if Im going to be spending that amount, I dont want to end up regretting it,

I currently have a 15" 2016 or 17 (cant remember) base model

8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

It may be faster and more (energy) efficient, but if a program requires 10 GB of memory, it requires 10 GB memory, whether unified or not. Unified simply means it is shared with the GPU and other SoC components (e.g. neural engine), not that programs will magically require less of it. The downside of Apple's approach is that memory can't be upgraded because it is tightly integrated with the SoC.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply