multi HDMI in over Ethernet?

Been looking for a bit online and I'm only finding single input devices for HDMI over Ethernet

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do multi HDMI in over Ethernet with the output stations being able to select which input they are viewing?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, redanalog said:

Been looking for a bit online and I'm only finding single input devices for HDMI over Ethernet

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do multi HDMI in over Ethernet with the output stations being able to select which input they are viewing?

Thanks

Sorry, this doesn't exist in that form.

If you want multiple video streams over one ethernet cable, you'll want to be serving streams from a media server and having the devices be cabale of "tuning in" to the streams

3 minutes ago, whispous said:

Sorry, this doesn't exist in that form.

If you want multiple video streams over one ethernet cable, you'll want to be serving streams from a media server and having the devices be cabale of "tuning in" to the streams

it actually does, i've used a device that does this exact thing in the past, but i'm having to dig deep in my memory to recall the darn brand of the devices.

it's actually a 'popular' thing for video walls, just assign every panel an ID, plug it into a network, and have the sources elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it actually does, i've used a device that does this exact thing in the past, but i'm having to dig deep in my memory to recall the darn brand of the devices.

it's actually a 'popular' thing for video walls, just assign every panel an ID, plug it into a network, and have the sources elsewhere.

I'd be very interested to learn more about this

found it:

https://visionaudiovisual.com/en/product/tc-matrixtx

there's a good second or two latency on there, so you can only really use it for movies or presentations and not interactive content like games.

basicly every TX side gets an ID, and every RX side gets an ID (the RX side only really for management purposes), and then on the RX boxes you can set which TX side it displays.

also got a poopy webinterface to manage stuff from.

what it does is the TX boxes just encode a video stream and blast it out on the LAN, then the RX boxes can grab that stream, decode it, and push it to a HDMI display.

EDIT: dont read into the listed specs too much.. i just recalled what horrid nonsense they are.. the 18Gbit figure appears to be pulled out of their butts, and the "<500Ms" figure.. well.. technically Ms means "megaseconds" so that's not a lie... 😄