Why My 4G LTE Router is Slow While its Unlimited Data?

JeanMikhael10
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
23 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

Otherwise i'll take 5g little expensive 300 dirhams (70 bucks approximately) 馃檪

The thing is, unlimited speed and data simply means they do not artificially limit you when bandwidth is available.聽 It cannot make bandwidth appear out of thin air if there are too many customers using it at the same time.

All broadband is a best-effort network, as in it can suffer congestion somewhere between you and where you are trying to talk to.聽 Mobile broadband just happens to have the most potential for this happening at the local tower, or from the tower to the ISP core network.

DSL you have your own pipe of bandwidth to the cabinet or exchange (but you're sharing a bigger pipe at the other end), cable and usually fibre too will be shared amongst a certain number of other customers, its just the bandwidth available is potentially so much higher on fibre you're not likely to slow down as much.聽 Mobile broadband you're sharing the airwaves with everyone trying to talk to that tower and that can be hundreds of other people.聽 The same way if you have several devices all downloading over WiFi at the same time, the speed will be split between them.

Potentially 5G can be a bit more clever about it by having more antennas that can use a narrower beam so you aren't sharing with as many people across the radio waves, but ultimately its still a similar problem.

Another way of thinking of it is if you turn on every cold tap in the house at the same time, the pressure at each tap is reduced as turn more on as the same amount of water is being spread across multiple outlets. Would you call the water company a rip off for not being able to maintain the same pressure?

10 hours ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

That's amazing, wished I was born and living in UK my life would been stress free since my birth till now! 馃檪聽and wondering how much is the max net speed in UK, maybe 500 mbps for all users and consumers? 馃檪聽Yh, they do it uae so that they make alot money out of us we the customers!

Oh absolutely not, in the depths of Scotland there are people still struggling with a few Megabits on ADSL right up to people in some cities having access to 10Gbit.聽 Its getting better, but nobody is going to be able to afford it thanks to the government allowing energy prices to rise my 54% this year.

It used to be a nice place to live but the current government are doing their best to revert us to the Victorian era.聽 Though granted, every country has their issues and for now were certainly better off than some places.聽 As a disabled person who cannot work, I'd have been dead long ago in some countries.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7