144hz monitor

Squirrel

So I have been buying new parts for my already good computer, so I went with a 144hz asus 24' monitor. My god is it amazing, from the stand of the monitor to the amount of fps I can truly witness through this thing. Funny thing is, when I first started using 144hz, it was so strange, as my eyes literally my whole life has been locked at a 60fps experience. I went back to 60hz for a moment when gaming and it looks horrid now, there's no going back! It's like going from 60 fps to 30 fps, it felt way to slow with frame rate, and of course reaction time is worsened. Now I have witnessed 144hz and will stick with it, but I have always wanted to experience 1440p and 4k gaming which will be the nest step (yes I know the new asus 120hz 1440p monitor but it's way too expensive). What kind of monitor(s) do you guys have? Similar experience? Any one prefer the ips panels that are 60hz because of the color quality improvements (including not just 1080p but 1440p). I'm sure any one would agree who have 144hz or 1440p+ montiors it's hard to imagine without witnessing it yourself  :lol: (And no, I don't care if it goes off topic type away i'm bored)

I'm too poor for 144 Hz.

I'll be picking up a monitor with (hopefully) 1ms response time 1080p+ (preferably 1440p as I have a GTX 780) and ~120Hz.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Except that they're all TN panels (one or two VA panel ones) so they look like rubbish compared to an IPS panel.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I only went 15hz higher than 60, the difference quite large even at such a seemingly small amount.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Except that they're all TN panels (one or two VA panel ones) so they look like rubbish compared to an IPS panel.

Keep in mind I play competitive fps games, and I don't know if they look "rubbish" compared to ips monitors. I would notice more in a 144hz monitor then a switch to a ips monitor. And yes I know that's a bad comparison, but you get my point I hope.

Keep in mind I play competitive fps games, and I don't know if they look "rubbish" compared to ips monitors. I would notice more in a 144hz monitor then a switch to a ips monitor. And yes I know that's a bad comparison, but you get my point I hope.

Oh didn't know it was being used for competitive gaming, well then in that case it's a great monitor for that.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE THE SAME MONITOR AS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (assuming it supports 3d vision)! WE ARE LIKE THE SAME PERSON! (Its a great monitor!)

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

OH MY GOD! YOU HAVE THE SAME MONITOR AS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (assuming it supports 3d vision)! WE ARE LIKE THE SAME PERSON! (Its a great monitor!)

Yeah lets makeout! all three of us together!

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Yeah lets makeout! all three of us together!

uhhhhhhhh  :wub:

Which model?

If you can maintain a solid 120fps, throw lightboost on. The clarity is stunning for games.

http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/

I prefer 144hz to 120hz+Lightboost. I have tried both of them extensively and I reached the conslusion downgrading from 144 to 120+LB is not very noticeable but going 120 to 144 is pretty noticeable. Plus it gets bad with LB if you get below 120 frames where it is not as bad without lightboost enabled.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I prefer 144hz to 120hz+Lightboost. I have tried both of them extensively and I reached the conslusion downgrading from 144 to 120+LB is not very noticeable but going 120 to 144 is pretty noticeable. Plus it gets bad with LB if you get below 120 frames where it is not as bad without lightboost enabled.

That's why it was qualified with maintaining 120+ fps. Being able to do that gives a CRT effect you can't duplicate at 144Hz. Gaming aside, the smooth scrolling of forums and articles on LB is awesome. One of those "Now that I've experienced it, I'll settle for nothing less" features.