Network issues

But6ccc

Hi. I have this problem where my link speed is capped at 100mbps on lan and 300mbps on wifi with my modem zlt s10g. No matter what i do the link speed on lan doesnt go up or down 100mbps ( give me so much problem to my ping ingame. My upload speed on lan is below 1mbps but 6-7 mbps on wifi ). I tried connecting my phone to my loptop through usb cable and turned on tethering through usb ( acts as lan cable [ethernet 4] )and i get 400+ mbps link speed same on personal hotspot...... My lan cable for the modem is a cat8 cable. My isp is globe... and my loptop wifi card is a gigabit capable one. ( INTEL KILLER WIFI 6 )

Was almost impossible to even find any reliable data on that modem, but seems to be a LTE/4G modem with only a 100mbps LAN port.

That the ping sucks is probably the cause of it being an LTE modem. LTE/4G doesn't exactly provide the fastest connectivity at all times. That heavily depends on your location and on how many connections are currently handled by the cell tower you're connected to.聽

Just now, Senzelian said:

Was almost impossible to even find any reliable data on that modem, but seems to be a LTE/4G modem with only a 100mbps LAN port.

That the ping sucks is probably the cause of it being an LTE modem. LTE/4G doesn't exactly provide the fastest connectivity at all times. That heavily depends on your location and on how many connections are currently handled by the cell tower you're connected to.聽

But my phone is older than this modem but still overpowers it through cellular data

7 minutes ago, But6ccc said:

But my phone is older than this modem but still overpowers it through cellular data

Tested with the same sim card? Contracts can also limit the data speeds and that modem might just be a huge pile of junk.

3 minutes ago, But6ccc said:

Data use from your phone is different than Data use from a hotspot and is different than data used via a Stand alone LTE modem/gateway. Cellular providers can have policies that provide different terms of use for each type of service. That why here in the US you can have "Unlimited" data on your phone but your high speed hotspot data is capped at lets say 20 Gigs. OR how T Mobile might offer "Unlimited" home internet via their gateway but that data has the lowest priority going across the T Mobile network.聽

So even though your phone is older and can do faster speeds thats likely by design. The provider could be using these units to limit data usage. Cellular based internet is not for hard core internet users, there are limits to what the network can do. The other side of this is most people use WiFI, and many internet users are too stupid to know the different between WiFi and a ISP.聽 So providers will sometimes just use equipment that they deem good enough for the average user.聽

They do make 3rd party cellular modem/gateway devices. Maybe see if your provider will support this use case.聽

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.聽

9 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Tested with the same sim card? Contracts can also limit the data speeds and that modem might just be a huge pile of junk.

Yes

35 minutes ago, But6ccc said:

my link speed is capped at 100mbps

does it has 1gbps lan? if not than that's the maximum you can get.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Billbill said:

normally connects on channel 100.聽

In quite a few countries that channel falls under DFS. Meaning that its shared with other things. In the US DFS channels are commonly used by different types of radar. So there is a possibility the router detects some using the same channel thats not WIFI and under the law it would be required to switch to a non DFS channel to ensure your not interfering.聽

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.聽