AIO installation

hello everyone, because I'm using the AIO that was recommended yesterday, my sister wants to use it also for her gaming computer but, the motherboard doesn't have a water pump pin, do you think it's safe if I use a molex converter to a pump pin?408fc06e-975c-40ef-974f-60b642972082.jpg1fa9f673-7d53-4c34-890f-b2a0ae057b97.jpg

54 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

why not just connect it to one of the fan headers?

As far as I know, if you want to use AIO, there must be a pin for the pump, if you don't have it, it doesn't support it

@VoltSammy_78what board are you using? 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

14 minutes ago, VoltSammy_78 said:

As far as I know, if you want to use AIO, there must be a pin for the pump, if you don't have it, it doesn't support it

If you don't have a dedicated AIO/Pump header then a fan header will do in 99% of cases.

3 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

If you don't have a dedicated AIO/Pump header then a fan header will do in 99% of cases.

In 100% rather, AIO pumps are small and don't need more power than fans. Just avoid using the same header for several additional fans as well.

Bigger D5 pumps that need more amps come with Molex connector

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

If you use a fan header I'd set it to run at a constant % via pwm (or volts if using 3 pin dc connection). No need to necessarily have it set to 100%, which is what most dedicated aio pump headers will do, as flow isn't as important as fan curves for the rad, just don't set it too low. Basically set a compromise between flow rate and pump noise that's tolerable.

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

In 100% rather, AIO pumps are small and don't need more power than fans. Just avoid using the same header for several additional fans as well.

Some AIO's use 1 connector for the pump and 3 fans. Depending on the fan power draw this could be an issue on some fan headers.

2 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Some AIO's use 1 connector for the pump and 3 fans. Depending on the fan power draw this could be an issue on some fan headers.

Which ones ? All the ones I've seen have a separate pump connector

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 hours ago, PDifolco said:

My AIO needs about 150 watts of power, so I think the fan header can't handle the AIO

The motherboard that my sister uses only has one fan header and one fan system, and I want to ask one more question, how much voltage and wattage does the CPU fan header and system fan header produce on the motherboard?

16 minutes ago, VoltSammy_78 said:

My AIO needs about 150 watts of power, so I think the fan header can't handle the AIO

there is no AIO that takes power from a Fan header that draws that much 

51 minutes ago, VoltSammy_78 said:

The motherboard that my sister uses only has one fan header and one fan system, and I want to ask one more question, how much voltage and wattage does the CPU fan header and system fan header produce on the motherboard?

12v
AIO, CPU, Case -Fan headers 1A 
PUMP -Fan header 2-3A

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Which ones ? All the ones I've seen have a separate pump connector

The Liquid Freezer II series is the first that springs to mind.

After my sister looked for a suitable AIO, finally found the following pump specifications:
Pump size: 78.44*72.62*38.74mm
Pump's service life: 70000Hours
Pump' s noise: <25dBA
Pump's port: 3Pin
Pump's speed: 2800±10%RPM
Pump's current: 0.35±10%A(MAX)
Pump's power: 4.2W
carton quantity: 12
RGB Lighting: Yes
Type: CPU Cooling System
input_voltage: 12V
is it better for the pump connector on this "cheap" AIO to use a cpu fan header or a system fan header?

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

there is no AIO that takes power from a Fan header that draws that much 

I suspect you're confusing the power it requires (10W maybe) with the CPU power (150W) it can manage to dissipate heat

1 hour ago, VoltSammy_78 said:

After my sister looked for a suitable AIO, finally found the following pump specifications:
Pump size: 78.44*72.62*38.74mm
Pump's service life: 70000Hours
Pump' s noise: <25dBA
Pump's port: 3Pin
Pump's speed: 2800±10%RPM
Pump's current: 0.35±10%A(MAX)
Pump's power: 4.2W
carton quantity: 12
RGB Lighting: Yes
Type: CPU Cooling System
input_voltage: 12V
is it better for the pump connector on this "cheap" AIO to use a cpu fan header or a system fan header?

No AIO header? -> CPU header

why? cuz if the pump fails and u start the pc. BIOS will say "YO CPU FAN ERROR"  😛 

then u will know that the pump is no longer working

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

No AIO header? -> CPU header

why? cuz if the pump fails and u start the pc. BIOS will say "YO CPU FAN ERROR"  😛 

then u will know that the pump is no longer working

hahaha.. ok, I'll try

but this won't fry the motherboard right?

3 hours ago, VoltSammy_78 said:

hahaha.. ok, I'll try

but this won't fry the motherboard right?

There is only one aio that draws that much power. Its needs a 8 pin pcie, and Costs like 300 bucks