Should buy a used AIO

Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

it's really your call. 9 months isn't bad, especially if it still has some warranty left. i have purchased 2 used aio's for good deals over the years, both still running fine to this day. you could also get unlucky and it fails in short order. it would probably work out fine, but is still a gamble of sorts, your call.

So i found what seems to be a pretty good deal on a Cooler Master ML240 Lite AIO for the equivalent of $45. The cooler has been in use for nine months, i can't go and check it personally for now but from the pics it looks in pretty good condition with all the mounting hardware included. Keeping in mind that the retail price for those round where i live is the equivalent of $130. So should i go for it keeping in mind i have found a slightly more expensive deal on a MasterAir MA620P TUF. I do plan to upgrade my 1300X and i wanna have proper cooling ready to go by then. Cheers

it's really your call. 9 months isn't bad, especially if it still has some warranty left. i have purchased 2 used aio's for good deals over the years, both still running fine to this day. you could also get unlucky and it fails in short order. it would probably work out fine, but is still a gamble of sorts, your call.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

No warranty around here XD. Algeria. But as u say 9 months ain't that bad and the dude seems pretty legit so i think i'll go for it. 

The main problem i have with big tower coolers is, well the girth. Never felt OK with having that much weight hanging off the CPU socket however what i like about 'em compared to AIOs is the ease of maintenance. I've never used an AIO or liquid cooling for that matter so, how's the maintenance on 'em? like, what should i do over time apart from keeping it clean obviously.

Maintenance is really just blowing out the dust trapped between the radiator fins. You would need to remove the fans and may need to uninstall the pump/block if you find yourself too restricted with limited space. Most AIOs are not intended to be refilled, but it is possible on some and some have a sticker on the thing that says it voids the warranty.