Recommendation request for AV receiver

AlexQC

I have a small home theatre system nothing fancy: Energy 5.1 Take Classic for the speakers and a Yamaha RX-V379 for the AV receiver.

I plan to change my plasma HDTV to a 4K OLED (or else) in the near future and I am in the process of upgrading the surrounding equipment first. So here I am trying to get the "best" AV receiver for my system. I have a budget of around 1000$ CAD (785$ USD). My system is used 95% of the time watching movies, tv & PC content (I have an HTPC). The other 5% is music and rarely light retro gaming.

I was thinking to upgrade to a Yamaha RX-V6A. Does this AV receiver have all the features I should seek (for example my old received does not have Atmos and this new one does)? Is it future proof enough? Do you have other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

this is a good option. one thing is that it only supports 24gb bandwidth which may affect 4k120hz gaming for xbox series x and PC gaming.

I made a vide on 4k/120Hz receivers for OLEDs, in short, just get something with eARC, ignore the HDMI passthrough specs/support.

12 hours ago, Colty said:

I made a vide on 4k/120Hz receivers for OLEDs, in short, just get something with eARC, ignore the HDMI passthrough specs/support.

watched your vid...im on a denon avr-x3700h. i run my xbox and pc through it to my lg nano90 running 4 120hz (not oled but had your issues at first)
DO NOT let the avr process video. let THAT passthrough. you wont have the sync issues. if you let the avr process video you will.
also lg's earc has a bug. anything plugged into the tv go out earc as stereo (known issue) tv apps are fine. if your getting surround to work with things plugged into tv to earc your lucky
but yea never let the avr process video

7 hours ago, circeseye said:

watched your vid...im on a denon avr-x3700h. i run my xbox and pc through it to my lg nano90 running 4 120hz (not oled but had your issues at first)
DO NOT let the avr process video. let THAT passthrough. you wont have the sync issues. if you let the avr process video you will.
also lg's earc has a bug. anything plugged into the tv go out earc as stereo (known issue) tv apps are fine. if your getting surround to work with things plugged into tv to earc your lucky
but yea never let the avr process video

I had it set to passthrough, I had the bandwith configured, I turned off all video/audio enhancement, the sync was still off. I spent about an hour or two going through settings and forums to figure it out. In the end, eARC worked right away. I've made a couple posts about this on the OLED_Gaming subreddit and there are a handful of people who went through the same thing I did. 

I keep hearing about LG eARC bugs, but the most I've ever encountered was needing to turn off/turn back on the TV/receiver if it didn't detect the eARC correctly causing no sound to come out. (This also only happened with the quick start feature on)