Wifi stops after connecting a 2nd extender

Hell_Angel

My wifi has been randomly stoping while connected to a 2nd extender. When I unplug it the wifi is back to normal. I tried changing the name the channels and nothing helped it. My devices are a hitron cgnm-2250, a tp link RE 450, and a tp link RE 650. (I'm talking about the main connection stops not the ext)

32 minutes ago, Hell_Angel said:

My wifi has been randomly stoping while connected to a 2nd extender. When I unplug it the wifi is back to normal. I tried changing the name the channels and nothing helped it. My devices are a hitron cgnm-2250, a tp link RE 450, and a tp link RE 650. (I'm talking about the main connection stops not the ext)

Is it an extender or an access point in bridge mode?  Extenders are just repeaters.  Also how are you laying these out?  In line or one on either side?  Also what protocol is this?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It's a extender, one extender is running 5g and the other is running 2.4g off the main box. Protocol is range extender I think. idk if that's what you're asking by in line or on ether side

7 minutes ago, Hell_Angel said:

It's a extender, one extender is running 5g and the other is running 2.4g off the main box. Protocol is range extender I think. idk if that's what you're asking by in line or on ether side

The 5 and 2.4 are normally frequencies not generations.  5000hz and 2400hz.  The a and b frequencies.  N does both, ac does just one iirc. It sounds like They’re broadcasting on different frequencies.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Alright I got this frequency for the main box 802.11n+802.11ac and the extender is IEEE802.11ac, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a

So while both are ac the extenders also have a 2.4 ghz antenna.  The base station (which is the access point) will run ac which i suspect is 5 ghz only. 802.11 is backwards compatible within its frequency so it can only do 5ghz unless it also has a 2.4ghz antenna which I doubt. The base station can probably also do a if it has to though basically no one does a.  I’ve only seen it used once and that was in the age of b/g where there was so much compression from neighbors systems that a was actually faster because no one else was using the band.     I wouldn’t trust the base station to transfer an N signal correctly because N was 2.4 & 5 or 2.4 only, so a N device will only talk to the thing if it is an a/b/g/n device.  If it’s b/g/n problems will occur because it’s trying to communicate on 2.4 ghz so it never gets back to the base station.  If you’ve got a device that is b/g/n or merely b or b/g talking to the extenders it could mess everything up.