XMP not working DDR5

RedNick

I have a gigabyte aorus z690 elite ax ddr5 with the most recent bios i turn on xmp and it black screens. After about 10 min it will ask to load optimized settings or go back into bios will only boot with ram running at 4800mhz

cpu- i9-12900k

ram- oloy blade 5600mhz

Sounds like the ram wasnt put through  its paces. 

in my experince, Oloy Ram tends to be bargain bin cheap ram, and they dont really test them that well so i would not believe them in their XMP claims. Its more then likely just false advertising, it probably cant run more then 4800mhz. 

Of course it could be the IMC in your CPU, or it could be the Motherboard as ive heard a few bad things about Gigabyte on z690, but most of the time its just the ram.

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Sounds like the ram wasnt put through  its paces. 

in my experince, Oloy Ram tends to be bargain bin cheap ram, and they dont really test them that well so i would not believe them in their XMP claims. Its more then likely just false advertising, it probably cant run more then 4800mhz. 

Of course it could be the IMC in your CPU, or it could be the Motherboard as ive heard a few bad things about Gigabyte on z690, but most of the time its just the ram.

have had no problems with ddr4 from oloy guess its just 1 of the problems with a new platform i seen alot of forums with people having the same problems with other brands of ram as well with the same board hope if it is a board problem it can be fixed with a update in the future if a ram problem looks like i get to start saving for a better set

1223469732_Screenshot_20220418-115358_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.ac87aaef5b617753479502fadecb646f.jpg

*up to

** overclocking not guaranteed

But yes, you're right its a new platform  and we dont know what is good ram yet (afaik)

Are there any Samsung DDR5 "b-dies"? : D

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I was able to get 5000MHz to post on 5600MHz rated ram

XMP profile 1

Dram frequency 5000MHz

DRAM VDD 1.45

DRAM VDDQ 1.45

Advanced Memory Voltages ->PMIC voltages: By Per PMIC

Everything else auto

I have a Asus Z690-P with 4 sticks of Corsair CL36 5600MHz ram sticks running on i9-12900K

On 4/18/2022 at 5:56 AM, Mark Kaine said:

1223469732_Screenshot_20220418-115358_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.ac87aaef5b617753479502fadecb646f.jpg

*up to

** overclocking not guaranteed

But yes, you're right its a new platform  and we dont know what is good ram yet (afaik)

Are there any Samsung DDR5 "b-dies"? : D

sorry took so long to get back to this as the rgb in my gpu block died and was trying to deal with that but yes they are samsung modules and also my bios says 

1. Improve compatibility for DDR5 5600MHz 8G i have 4 sticks of that rated speed and gb