No Wireless with my EPOS GSX 1000 DAC. Will it ever end?

pat_stone

Audio is the part of my setup that I struggle with most. It seems like there just isn't THE solution for me.

My use case is fairly simple. No streaming or anything. I work from home on my computer. I need to make calls over Teams sporadically during the day and otherwise I like listening to music through my speakers. In my freetime I enjoy some gaming where I mostly use my headset for sound.

Recently I bought myself the EPOS GSX 1000 Dac, which solved so many of my problems. Now I finally have an easy way to switch from my headset to my speakers without messing with the windows audio sources (I'm not going back to that hell). For Windows, there exists only one audio playback and one microphone. Both are my DAC. On the DAC I can store presets for swithing to my gaming setup (headset with 7.1 surround enabled), speaker setup or my phone call setup (headset with stereo audio). All with the press of a button. Beautiful!

But now there is a new downside. Sometimes, using a wireless headset would be ideal. Before using the DAC I had a wireless Steelseries Arctic 7 (the software and firmware was absolute garbage but it had a dedicated receiver, which was nice). But now there is no way to use a wireless Headset with my DAC. I'd need some kind of audio receiver that splits into audio input and microphone signal (see picture). But even if I could find something like that... and a headset that works fine with it. That's a lot of converting from analog to digital. Coupled with the inherit delay that wireless could cause, I don't really see that as an option. I could of course connect a wireless headset separately to my computer but that would mean messing with windows audio sources again (please no).

I realise that this is more of a rant than a question but I'm really looking more for inspiration than a cold hard fact. If somebody is as picky as I am and has found a solution to this, I would highly appreciate it. Otherwise just thanks for reading 馃檪

Cheers.

InkedIMG_20220416_221817_LI.jpg

I don't know what to tell you man... practically the only wireless audio spec on the market is bluetooth, and it doesn't have the bandwidth for stereo + microphone return. Gaming headsets all use proprietary formats. You're fat outta luck if you want an audio switching device with analog and wireless outputs.

Have you tested any third party software for ease of switching sources?聽https://audioswit.ch/er

• 7 months later...

I'm so sorry I've never responded to this. Somehow I didn't get a notification.

Thank you for the advice about AudioSwitcher. I've never heard of it. Maybe in the future I can use that!