are linus and mkbhd filming in 4k?

origx36

so in the last video of linus and in the last video of mkbhd

there was an option for 4k.

does linus shoot  4k?i belive mkbhd has a 4k camera

Tech of Tomorrow also shoots in 4K.

I think Linus was going to upgrade the firmware on LMG's camera, so it could film in 4K. I dont know if he has done that yet.

Edit: for some reason the video only embeddes in 1080P, so here is the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pcFXh0UwY&list=UUNJP0oF6k62xA_qhCLfwI-Q

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

pretty sure linus says he films with the 4k camera for its ability to capture detail but still waiting for another few pieces to publish at 4k. unbox therapy does 4k

He said in a video that they have a 4K camera but it isn't really 4K. They will be upgrading soon i believe 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

He said in a video that they have a 4K camera but it isn't really 4K. They will be upgrading soon i believe 

yeah. but they have a 4k monitor they can edit on now. and ontop of that. that laptop video is in 4k. WTB 4k tv to watch this

other resolutions can be scaled to a selection of resolutions that YouTube will categorize as 4k and give you the bandwidth option.

for example you could scale 1080p to 3200x1800 and get 4k quality on youtube.

I think Linus has used a 4K camera for a while and downscaled the footage to get as much detail into 1080p as possible

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

other resolutions can be scaled to a selection of resolutions that YouTube will categorize as 4k and give you the bandwidth option.

for example you could scale 1080p to 3200x1800 and get 4k quality on youtube.

so did he actually filmed it in 4k

or was it only software

so did he actually filmed it in 4k

or was it only software

MKBHD definitely does, UnboxTherapy does, MrThaiBox123 does on his Canon 1DC (of which he has two) but I don't know about Linus, I am on moblie right now so I'm not about to inpect this video at this time, I will look at it later.

In the meantime I'm sure we could just ask @LinusTech what the source was.

I think he has a Sony FS camera that needed a firmware update to do 4K, but I also remember him talking of a Backmagic 4K camera I'm not sure what the outcome was there.

Seeing as LMG hasn't posted 4K bitrated content before to my knowledge I'd suspect that perhaps he does have a 4k source now.

Pretty sure he had a camera that required a purchase of like $800 bucks to unlock the firmware to make it capable of recording 4k. Either that or they got a new one.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Yeah, gaming yters have done it for a fair while cos they don't have to pay very much for it, just a couple more hard drives. Thing is, 4k is obsolete for basically all Australians...because it would take a day to fucking load if I tried.  I can't even load 1080p consistently yet. Fucking bull. Guess some people are started (past fucking tense) to get fiber.  

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones