Updating Bluetooth and WiFi Drivers

TheSupremeLeader

Hi,

I recently got a new laptop, the lenovo legion 5i pro. I got it without an OS, so I had to install windows 10 on it. I also installed the nvidia drivers and the "intel driver & support assistant". From the intel assistant I got the drivers for my integrated graphics (before that my monitor wasn't running at the correct refresh rate), but the assistant also says that there are 2 updates also available, one for the intel bluetooth driver and one for the wifi driver. My wifi and bluetooth both work fine. My question is: should I simply hit "install" and install the drivers, or should I first delete the old drivers before installing. I heard that some weird things might happen if you install new drivers on top of old ones. If I should first delete them, could you tell me how to do it, please? It's actually my first time installing windows fresh. Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, TheSupremeLeader said:

should I simply hit "install" and install the drivers, or should I first delete the old drivers before installing. I heard that some weird things might happen if you install new drivers on top of old ones.

Maybe in the pre-Windows 10 era or on older hardware.

Most driver installers will identify the older version and automatically uninstall them before installing the newer version.

Unless you're experiencing a particular problem with the drivers, I wouldn't worry about uninstalling first.

56 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Maybe in the pre-Windows 10 era or on older hardware.

Most driver installers will identify the older version and automatically uninstall them before installing the newer version.

Unless you're experiencing a particular problem with the drivers, I wouldn't worry about uninstalling first.

Perfect, thanks!