Modern games abruptly crashes after an average session and will keep crashing unless computer is restarted

Lately I've noticed that many of the games I play that are memory-intensive would keep crashing unless I restarted Windows.

However I have noticed that when purging the cached memory using a program called "Intelligent Standbylist Cleaner" helps the games start up again... but not for long.

Could this be a memory issue? And why is it fixed by simply restarting?

It does seem like a memory related issue, what is your current setup? Also, is XMP enabled? If you're only using 2 sticks, are they in the right DIMM slots?

When restarting, especially from a cold boot, memory is cleared out from the RAM sticks and thus makes more space available.

CPU : Intel i5-12600K

Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz CL16 (2x8GB)

AIO : Corsair H100i 240MM

GPU : Asus TUF RTX3070

Case : ThermalTake Core P3

Keyboard : D60 HHKB with Jwick Ultimate Black switches, G81-3000SAV PBT keycaps

Mouse : Logitech G Pro Wireless

Audio : Edifier R1280DBs | Sennheiser HD598

10 hours ago, matt4realz said:

It does seem like a memory related issue, what is your current setup? Also, is XMP enabled? If you're only using 2 sticks, are they in the right DIMM slots?

When restarting, especially from a cold boot, memory is cleared out from the RAM sticks and thus makes more space available.

XMP? I don't remember touching anything like that.

I have two sticks of 8GB, one is 2666 and the other is 2400 but they of course run at 2400 when together. I hadn't had an issue since almost 2 years that I've had them installed together, only just a month ago did it start bothering me with bluescreens and crashes. 

I opened up my laptop and checked if they were loose or dusty, but reslotting them did nothing to solve the problem. I sure hope this isn't an expensive issue because money is something I don't have right now.