Ubiquiti LR AP question

ZeusXI

All currently sold Unifi models support “Wireless Uplink” which is what you are asking for. They only support this with other Unifi APs, it will not work with other vendors. Whether it will work well, depends on the distance between the APs and what obstructions there are.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

10 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

Does this device support a type of repeater mode? Like.... 1 is hooked up to the router, and then this one is in a barn and repeats the wifi? Ethernet isnt an option here.

As already stated it can do it but depending on how far away from each other they are will determine the quality. To still have a good signal over wifi when repeating it they would need to be relatively close to each other. 

If it's in a barn like you say I'm going to assume the distance would be to great for a good signal and you're better off looking at there Point to Point system. They are more purpose built for that kinda of scenario and you would see little to no signal loss. 

25 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

As already stated it can do it but depending on how far away from each other they are will determine the quality. To still have a good signal over wifi when repeating it they would need to be relatively close to each other. 

If it's in a barn like you say I'm going to assume the distance would be to great for a good signal and you're better off looking at there Point to Point system. They are more purpose built for that kinda of scenario and you would see little to no signal loss. 

Its like 250 feet or so. I already tested 1, and it goes further than that. I just was thinking about getting a second one and putting it in the window of the barn and make it a repeater. So "Wireless Uplink" is what im looking for. 

2 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

Its like 250 feet or so. I already tested 1, and it goes further than that. I just was thinking about getting a second one and putting it in the window of the barn and make it a repeater. So "Wireless Uplink" is what im looking for. 

Make sure you set up the mesh properly.

10 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

I will when I get the second one. Thank you! 

Also, do you by chance know if this mount will work with the Wifi 6 LR AP?

https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-accessories/products/access-point-pro-arm-mount-ea

The description specifies the U6-PRO and UAP-AC-PRO as compatible. Since the U6-LR is a larger device, I don't think it will be compatible. You can still ask in the Ubiquiti Forum.