Did my ssd just fail? any ways to save files?

cia glowie

Since january I've been getting bluescreens once per ~3 weeks, today it got much worse. Bad blocks count keeps getting higher.

Windows would at some point get more laggy and it would go to bluescreen without even saving a log file, each time it was stuck on 0% and went to bios after a minute. Then it would detect the drive but not efi entries. After a restart it somehow boots to grub rescue (I completely removed linux a year ago and made sure it was gone).  It lets me boot to windows for a few minutes and even start a chkdsk which ends in a bsod. Is there any way to save the data on this drive? My backups aren't very up to date.

It's Adata SX6000 pro, the second one already. The first one did something similar but it had the warranty.

So you are telling me you had 3 weeks worth of troubles with the drive, and you still didn't back it up during those 21 days? 🤨

Stop trying to boot from it for one thing, remove it from a computer, and connect it to another computer to only read files from it, don't boot from it again!

Alternative would be to boot Linux on an USB drive, and then use that to copy the files from the Adata to another drive.

But when SSD fully dies, all data is completely gone, so be quick.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

To make it look less bad, I did make a backup, but now it turned out I copied the wrong keepass file and now I'm locked out. Thanks for telling me not to boot from it. I'll get a live usb

To anyone looking for a drive - do not buy the sx6000.