What software do you use to measure laptop's (or cpu or gpu alone) energy consumption?

Hi,

I would like to test my laptop (all together and CPU and GPU alone) and see if it's power consumption while idle and under gaming is  normal and stable. 

I watch many youtubers showing a clear graphic very easy to read showing it. What software do they use and how do they convert to such easy readable graphic?

For example GamersNexus's video about the 3090 Ti.

image.thumb.png.6271454f7e3a5384d47004a0885e8af5.png

Source of the screenshot: (EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Review & Benchmarks: Power, Thermals, & Overclocking - YouTube)

I was told HWinfo64 would help, but I don't find how.

Any advice / tutorial? 

HwInfo can show it live, and has the ability to log to a file. They'd then take that log file and massage it in a spreadsheet program or similar to extract the desired columns and graph them. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hi.

Thanks for the information. I found a program called "GenericLogViewer" on HwInfo website (Add-ons | HWiNFO). I wonder if it is a good or among the best options for a reliable presentation of the log file. 

Has anyone tried it or any other program? 

17 hours ago, jdjinn said:

GenericLogViewer

I use it sometimes, i love it, but it obviously looks far less fancier than what GN uses - i suppose they wrote the program themselves cause it has a very distinctive "GN look".

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

I use it sometimes, i love it, but it obviously looks far less fancier than what GN uses - i suppose they wrote the program themselves cause it has a very distinctive "GN look".

I agree the one used by GN looks amazing. 

I'll try GenericLogViewer. I hope it will give me a better glimpse in the information I'm looking for.