Are motherboards universal

Hello,

I’m wondering if I import a mobo from the US to Australia (where I live) if the motherboard will have issues with power and it being different here. I’m guessing not since the motherboard isn’t plugged into the wall but I’m just double checking to be safe,

thanks 

2 minutes ago, Native Liberian said:

I’m wondering if I import a mobo from the US to Australia (where I live) if the motherboard will have issues with power and it being different here.

No.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Native Liberian said:

Hello,

I’m wondering if I import a mobo from the US to Australia (where I live) if the motherboard will have issues with power and it being different here. I’m guessing not since the motherboard isn’t plugged into the wall but I’m just double checking to be safe,

thanks 

No, the motherboard is fed by the power supply who handles the conversion from alternative current to direct current.

Even the power supplies now are almost universal.

You wouldn't have any problems since it's the same parts everywhere, motherboards are universal

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070

10 minutes ago, Native Liberian said:

Hello,

thanks

All internal parts of any electronics will work in any area. The only thing to watch out for is power supplies, but modern desktop power supplies are smart enough to be able to run on different ac voltages.

Some PSU's have 110/220V switch that has to be turned/flipped.. they would work anywhere too. 

Straying from the OP topic:

While modern PSU can typically handle most input voltages, importing a PSU is generally a poor idea. Many locales require devices attached to the electrical grid be approved by some authority. While a non-approved device may operate without a problem, it can be grounds for denial of an insurance claim or claim against by the power grid.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.