Looking for a Logitech MX series alternative

Greetings everyone! 

I have been using an MX Anywhere 2s for about 4 years now and I feel as if it's time for an upgrade, my left click is now ghost clicking, esthetically it has seen MUCH better days but above all, I'm quite annoyed at the software Logitech provides for these mice, Options. It's so inconsistent! 
I can't for the end of me get button map sync to work across multiple devices, every now and again my gestures just don't work and have to go on and open the Options app (enough to disrupt my workflow). 

I do love the darkfield sensor, the endless scrolling wheel is sublime and I appreciate how the rubber feet glide through every surface they can touch. So I was wondering.

Is there any similar experience to what the MX series brings from another brand? Am I better of with just upgrading to a 3rd gen MX? Do the Logitech G series offerings bring a more polished experience? 

MX master 3, if you like satisfyingly big mouse.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

41 minutes ago, Bigbenirv said:

Greetings everyone! 

I have been using an MX Anywhere 2s for about 4 years now and I feel as if it's time for an upgrade, my left click is now ghost clicking, esthetically it has seen MUCH better days but above all, I'm quite annoyed at the software Logitech provides for these mice, Options. It's so inconsistent! 
I can't for the end of me get button map sync to work across multiple devices, every now and again my gestures just don't work and have to go on and open the Options app (enough to disrupt my workflow). 

I do love the darkfield sensor, the endless scrolling wheel is sublime and I appreciate how the rubber feet glide through every surface they can touch. So I was wondering.

Is there any similar experience to what the MX series brings from another brand? Am I better of with just upgrading to a 3rd gen MX? Do the Logitech G series offerings bring a more polished experience? 

I don' t really have a recommendation for you, but here is my 2 cents...

Hardware wise sounds like you like the device, but software is the issue.

I am not sure other mouse manufacturers offer better software honestly. In my experience, this type of software is usually kind of an afterthought for most brands. Although I mostly have experience with Logitech products actually. (MX Ergo, MX Master 2s, G603, G500, etc.). Not a big fan of their software either, but I mostly ignore it and don't use any of the advanced functions.

EDIT: Also, Logitech kind of has the professional mouse market cornered with their MX series from what I can tell. Microsoft used to make some professionally oriented mice, might look at their options. Something like this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-precision-mouse/8qc5p0d8ddjt?cid=msft_web_collection&activetab=pivot:overviewtab Other quality mouse manufacturers that come to mind are mostly gaming oriented (Razer, Steelseries, etc.)

9 hours ago, maartendc said:

I don' t really have a recommendation for you, but here is my 2 cents...

Hardware wise sounds like you like the device, but software is the issue.

I am not sure other mouse manufacturers offer better software honestly. In my experience, this type of software is usually kind of an afterthought for most brands. Although I mostly have experience with Logitech products actually. (MX Ergo, MX Master 2s, G603, G500, etc.). Not a big fan of their software either, but I mostly ignore it and don't use any of the advanced functions.

EDIT: Also, Logitech kind of has the professional mouse market cornered with their MX series from what I can tell. Microsoft used to make some professionally oriented mice, might look at their options. Something like this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-precision-mouse/8qc5p0d8ddjt?cid=msft_web_collection&activetab=pivot:overviewtab Other quality mouse manufacturers that come to mind are mostly gaming oriented (Razer, Steelseries, etc.)

yeah it kinda sucks there’s not a whole lot of competition in the “productivity” side of mice. 

I have more experience with G Hub (for G series products), and it usually works pretty well. Anytime I need to change something - I edit it, save to on-board memory and forget about the software (I run it only for editing).

So, all G series mice (afaik) are very customizable, and moreover have 2 layers. So, afaik every button can be remapped including primary and secondary click (except the wheel up/down), and with 2nd layer you can pretty much have double the amount of buttons.

12 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

I have more experience with G Hub (for G series products), and it usually works pretty well. Anytime I need to change something - I edit it, save to on-board memory and forget about the software (I run it only for editing).

So, all G series mice (afaik) are very customizable, and moreover have 2 layers. So, afaik every button can be remapped including primary and secondary click (except the wheel up/down), and with 2nd layer you can pretty much have double the amount of buttons.

Thats not a bad suggestion, get a gaming wireless mouse that stores the settings onto the mouse itself/

That should solve your button mapping across multiple devices issue at least.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:43 AM, rikitikitavi said:

Oh that’s nice to read! 
I would’ve imagined that they put a bit more effort in their G lineup, kinda forgot some have on board storage for settings and such. 
I’ll make sure to look into them, thanks!