HELP

Nickolas47
Go to solution Solved by tobben,

i changed the motherboard and my baby is back in action!

congrats on getting a new motherboard and for getting it all sorted out  :)

may the previously glorious technologically advanced motherboard that has now turned into a brick rest in peace.

I just pu my cpu frequency at 3,9 in the bios and my pc doent have signal, it is powered on but nothing in the screen, please help, what should i do

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Overclocking won't affect such thing so there's another problem.

Could be your GPU, or the power for the CPU itself.

Is the monitor connected correctly to your PC?

I just pu my cpu frequency at 3,9 in the bios and my pc doent have signal, it is powered on but nothing in the screen, please help, what should i do

are you running an unlocked CPU?

playing with base clocks can be dangerous

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Did the cable from your GPU come unplugged?

no i check the cables

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

are you running an unlocked CPU?

playing with base clocks can be dangerous

no its locked

no its locked

ahh

well, i'm not sure how you'd go about doing it, but the only fix i can think of that doesn't involve buying a new part is to find a way to bring the CPU to stock settings. Like i said, i have NO CLUE on how to do this, nor do i know if it's possible

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

no its locked

well you should be very carefull with the overclocking then go step by step.. you will generally have alot of limitations and might run into a couple issues, should probably google your processor/motherboard and see if there is anything in particular that you need to take note of, when in doubt reset cmos.

that being said an unstable overclock shouldn't cause this, might leave your computer unable to boot, make it crash/bsod, even prevent you from going into bios if you were over eager, but it shouldn't get stuck booting without giving you a video signal.

well you should be very carefull with the overclocking then go step by step.. you will generally have alot of limitations and might run into a couple issues, when in doubt reset cmos.

how can i reset the cmos?

Maybe my psu died i used a very low quality turbox 850w under 70% efficiency yesterday i ordered a corsair ax860i but it wont arrive till wednesday

I got power to gpu cpu fan and rear fan but my 2 other fans keyboard and moyse are dead and still nothing on the screen

ahh

well, i'm not sure how you'd go about doing it, but the only fix i can think of that doesn't involve buying a new part is to find a way to bring the CPU to stock settings. Like i said, i have NO CLUE on how to do this, nor do i know if it's possible

clear cmos ;)

Maybe my psu died i used a very low quality turbox 850w under 70% efficiency yesterday i ordered a corsair ax860i but it wont arrive till wednesday

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

this might help you abit, go look in the motherboard manual to find the cmos jumper if you have one, the manual should say the prefered way of resetting cmos on your motherboard, i hope you don't have a raid setup or anything of the sort..

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

this might help you abit, go look in the motherboard manual to find the cmos jumper if you have one, the manual should say the prefered way of resetting cmos on your motherboard, i hope you don't have a raid setup or anything of the sort..

clear cmos ;)

i cleared the cmos and still got nothing

I am going nuts what the fuck is the problem its 1.30 after midnight and all the shops are closed till tuesday morning

i cleared the cmos and still got nothing

So you can't even enter the bios? Do you have the option to test the CPU and GPU in another system? 

So you can't even enter the bios? Do you have the option to test the CPU and GPU in another system?

unfortunately i cant it is the only pc in the house

unfortunately i cant it is the only pc in the house

crap. I'm not sure if overclocking a non-K part can actually fry it, after all you only messed with the clock speed, not the voltage, right? But if even a clear cmos didn't get you anything, the only possible cause I can think of is a dead component.

may I ask what method you used to clear cmos?

crap. I'm not sure if overclocking a non-K part can actually fry it, after all you only messed with the clock speed, not the voltage, right? But if even a clear cmos didn't get you anything, the only possible cause I can think of is a dead component.

may I ask what method you used to clear cmos?

i tried both my manual suggested, i removed the batery and reinstaled it after a minute and i touched the cmos reset headers with something metal for 5 seconds

i tried both my manual suggested, i removed the batery and reinstaled it after a minute and i touched the cmos reset headers with something metal for 5 seconds

well, that sucks, then. If you're sure it's not something as simple as a badly seated GPU or a loose 24-pin connector, this doesn't look good.

well, that sucks, then. If you're sure it's not something as simple as a badly seated GPU or a loose 24-pin connector, this doesn't look good.

the thing is if i fried something i have no clue what it is, i dont think is mu gpu because its fans are running, if i fried mu motherboard would anything else worked? And with a fried cpu i think you can enter the bios?

Is it by chance am3+?

no its 1150 check my singnature

the thing is if i fried something i have no clue what it is, i dont think is mu gpu because its fans are running, if i fried mu motherboard would anything else worked? And with a fried cpu i think you can enter the bios? 

I agree that it's most likely not your GPU. I'm almost certain your motherboard won't boot without a CPU. The bare minimum, if I recall that correctly, is a CPU, power and RAM.