HELP

Nickolas47
Go to solution Solved by tobben,

i changed the motherboard and my baby is back in action!

congrats on getting a new motherboard and for getting it all sorted out  :)

may the previously glorious technologically advanced motherboard that has now turned into a brick rest in peace.

I agree that it's most likely not your GPU. I'm almost certain your motherboard won't boot without a CPU. The bare minimum, if I recall that correctly, is a CPU, power and RAM.

do you think that i fried my cpu?

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

A bad CPU can cause no post, But have you tried checking the ram already, try one stick at a time.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

A bad CPU can cause no post, But have you tried checking the ram already, try one stick at a time.

i tried the ram with no luck

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

do you think that i fried my cpu?

To be honest, I don't know and it's hard to tell from here :unsure:  The only thing I can think of is if you try and find another 1150 CPU to test in your system. Maybe from a friend or relative... 

Have you tried seeing if you'll get an image with the onboard graphics instead?

yes no luck either

To be honest, I don't know and it's hard to tell from here :unsure:  The only thing I can think of is if you try and find another 1150 CPU to test in your system. Maybe from a friend or relative...

my brother has 1155 and my best two friends have 775 and am3

Yea, the last thing that was tweaked with was the CPU, so it may be the CPU. BUT, before to buy another one check all the basic things if you haven't already

1) Try a different Cable(Which ever one your using for video output)

2) Check to see if your monitor is on the right Input

3) Try a different monitor(your TV if you don't have another monitor)

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

Yea, the last thing that was tweaked with was the CPU, so it may be the CPU. BUT, before to buy another one check all the basic things if you haven't already

1) Try a different Cable(Which ever one your using for video output)

2) Check to see if your monitor is on the right Input

3) Try a different monitor(your TV if you don't have another monitor)

Well thank you i am going to use my brothers monitor tommorow

my brother has 1155 and my best two friends have 775 and am3

damnit you're really not having a lucky day today. 

damnit you're really not having a lucky day today.

just my luck guess it is time for a k procesor, anyway thank you very much for all your time

just my luck guess it is time for a k procesor, anyway thank you very much for all your time

no problem mate, but do the best you can to make sure it's really the CPU that is fried before you get a new one. 

no problem mate, but do the best you can to make sure it's really the CPU that is fried before you get a new one.

iam gonna try the new psu when it comes in wednesday and if doesnt work i will go to a technician to check my components

iam gonna try the new psu when it comes in wednesday and if doesnt work i will go to a technician to check my components

sounds like a plan. good luck :)

sounds like a plan. good luck :)

thank you i will update the thread when i have some news

thank you i will update the thread when i have some news

i was in the process of a pretty lengthy reply but i guess your ontop of it, so good luck, i hope you got cmos properly reset though, you need to flush out most of the power from the system.

i was in the process of a pretty lengthy reply but i guess your ontop of it, so good luck, i hope you got cmos properly reset though, you need to flush out most of the power from the system.

when i removed the battery i waited for a minute then hold the power button for 15 seconds also i touched the resetmos headers for 5 seconds with a screwdriver

when i removed the battery i waited for a minute then hold the power button for 15 seconds also i touched the resetmos headers for 5 seconds with a screwdriver

yupp, sounds like you did it properly allright, i assume you pulled out the cord or turned off the psu, if not both :P

anyways good luck, il be waiting for a update.

yupp, sounds like you did it properly allright, i assume you pulled out the cord or turned off the psu, if not both :P

anyays good luck, il be waiting for a update.

thanks i will let you know

crap. I'm not sure if overclocking a non-K part can actually fry it, after all you only messed with the clock speed, not the voltage, right? But if even a clear cmos didn't get you anything, the only possible cause I can think of is a dead component.

may I ask what method you used to clear cmos?

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

this might help you abit, go look in the motherboard manual to find the cmos jumper if you have one, the manual should say the prefered way of resetting cmos on your motherboard, i hope you don't have a raid setup or anything of the sort..

Have you tried seeing if you'll get an image with the onboard graphics instead?

i just installed my new corsair power supply but the pc doesnt even turn on, i press the seftest button on psu and only the gpu fans spin, what should i do, did i fry my mobo

i just installed my new corsair power supply but the pc doesnt even turn on, i press the seftest button on psu and only the gpu fans spin, what should i do, did i fry my mobo

you might need to take your PC to someone who can check your components individually. From what I've seen so far it could be either the CPU or the motherboard. The GPU and the PSU are unlikely to be at fault and it doesn't sound like its the RAM either.

you might need to take your PC to someone who can check your components individually. From what I've seen so far it could be either the CPU or the motherboard. The GPU and the PSU are unlikely to be at fault and it doesn't sound like its the RAM either.

i went to a techniian and i fried my mobo, thank god it wasnt the cpu, time for an asus board

i went to a techniian and i fried my mobo, thank god it wasnt the cpu, time for an asus board

I dont overclock but I love my Asus Gryphon z87.  I prefer Asus boards just because I've never had any major problems with them and they are really straightforward and makes it easy to do things.  But, were you overclocking on the H87 board in your signature?  if thats the case the motherboard might have not been capable of overclocking.  If you want to overclock I'd advise at least a Gigabyte z87-d3hp or the Asus z87-a.  I dont think H87 boards can overclock.   :)

(sorry I cant recommend an MSI mobo, there are no MSI mobos for sale in my country :( )

I dont overclock but I love my Asus Gryphon z87.  I prefer Asus boards just because I've never had any major problems with them and they are really straightforward and makes it easy to do things.  But, were you overclocking on the H87 board in your signature?  if thats the case the motherboard might have not been capable of overclocking.  If you want to overclock I'd advise at least a Gigabyte z87-d3hp or the Asus z87-a.  I dont think H87 boards can overclock.   :)

(sorry I cant recommend an MSI mobo, there are no MSI mobos for sale in my country :( )

i tried to oc a locked peocessor to a non overclockable board, thats why i fried it i will propably get a sabertooth z87 or maximus vi heri, thanks bro

i tried to oc a locked peocessor to a non overclockable board, thats why i fried it i will propably get a sabertooth z87 or maximus vi heri, thanks bro

no worries man, though dont try use a sabertooth as an overclocking board, the sabertooth can overclock but its not designed for overclocking really, its mainly designed for stability.  The z87 pro is a much more overclockable motherboard with features like 4-way optimization, which can be good if you want a decent overclock without going too far.  

Btw, your very welcome.  At least you know now :)