HELP

Nickolas47
Go to solution Solved by tobben,

i changed the motherboard and my baby is back in action!

congrats on getting a new motherboard and for getting it all sorted out  :)

may the previously glorious technologically advanced motherboard that has now turned into a brick rest in peace.

no worries man, though dont try use a sabertooth as an overclocking board, the sabertooth can overclock but its not designed for overclocking really, its mainly designed for stability.  The z87 pro is a much more overclockable motherboard with features like 4-way optimization, which can be good if you want a decent overclock without going too far.  

Btw, your very welcome.  At least you know now :)

I am not going to try and overclock my cpu again but propably i will get a asus maximus vi hero i found it 150€

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I am not going to try and overclock my cpu again but propably i will get a asus maximus vi hero i found it 150€

great! ROG boards are really high quality, it just makes me cringe seeing your getting a rog board and not overclocking.  :P  If you can find a sabertooth for cheaper, get it then.  The armor kit is really awesome, I have a gryphon with the armor kit! 

..how did you overclock a 4770 on an H87 board?  :unsure:

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

..how did you overclock a 4770 on an H87 board? :unsure:

I'm wondering the same thing

overclocking isn't something you should be afraid of, it's perfectly safe as long as you are careful and know what you are doing, take it step by step, how you managed to fry your motherboard by increasing the frequency is beyond me..  :huh:  but the odds were against you, this is a very strange abnormality :P.

great! ROG boards are really high quality, it just makes me cringe seeing your getting a rog board and not overclocking.  :P  If you can find a sabertooth for cheaper, get it then.  The armor kit is really awesome, I have a gryphon with the armor kit!

on my local store maximus is 150€ and sabertooth is 200€

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

overclocking isn't something you should be afraid of, it's perfectly safe as long as you are careful and know what you are doing, take it step by step, how you managed to fry your motherboard by increasing the frequency is beyond me..  :huh:  but the odds were against you, this is a very strange abnormality :P.

I'm wondering the same thing

..how did you overclock a 4770 on an H87 board?  :unsure:

i dont really remember i think i altered the frequency and the voltage

i dont really remember i think i altered the frequency and the voltage

thats overclocking anyways, Well, might have been the motherboards fault for even allowing you to overclock.  

thats overclocking anyways, Well, might have been the motherboards fault for even allowing you to overclock.

you might need to take your PC to someone who can check your components individually. From what I've seen so far it could be either the CPU or the motherboard. The GPU and the PSU are unlikely to be at fault and it doesn't sound like its the RAM either.

congrats on getting a new motherboard and for getting it all sorted out  :)

may the previously glorious technologically advanced motherboard that has now turned into a brick rest in peace.

Very nice!  Good for you!