i already have serval drives but i want more silent once, 

currently i have

2x toshiba mg09

6x toshiba mg07

4x wd red WD100EFAX

but the toshibas drive me nuts with their spinning noice,

the wd reds are so much quieter but that is probably duo 5400 rpm ,

i don’t know if there are silent hdds like that

so if anyone can recommer me some that are quiet that would be so helpfull,, my case is quite open, meshify2 xl, 

A mount that uses rubber bushings to isolate the drive from the case will help reduce seek noises. There's not much you can do about the spinning platter noise though...

Today's drives don't make nearly as much noise as the drives of yesteryear. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Like it was said the noise isn't that different between recent models(when comparing same RPM), and in your case the amount of drives is going to be loud no matter what.

To control the noise there's 2 "easy" ways, you can move the PC away from you, put it in the other side of the room, inside a closet with ventilation or another room, the other way is to get a case that isn't as open, something like the Define R7 or be quiet! Dark Base 900 would reduce a bit the noise, but have worse thermal performance.

7 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

A mount that uses rubber bushings to isolate the drive from the case will help reduce seek noises. There's not much you can do about the spinning platter noise though...

Today's drives don't make nearly as much noise as the drives of yesteryear. 

You dont read, it is not seeking noice, its spinning noice, the motor,

5 hours ago, KaitouX said:

Like it was said the noise isn't that different between recent models(when comparing same RPM), and in your case the amount of drives is going to be loud no matter what.

To control the noise there's 2 "easy" ways, you can move the PC away from you, put it in the other side of the room, inside a closet with ventilation or another room, the other way is to get a case that isn't as open, something like the Define R7 or be quiet! Dark Base 900 would reduce a bit the noise, but have worse thermal performance.

Yes i know, i looked in those to, its just 1 helium drive makes more noice than 4 wd reds 5400rpm, and i was hoping there where more quiet drives

5 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

You dont read, it is not seeking noice, its spinning noice, the motor,

Did you not read the part where I said there's not much you can do to eliminate the motor noise?

You would have to physically move the drives out of your case. Maybe into a NAS in another room, or an external JBOD enclosure hooked up to your PC by a SAS HBA.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.