Why is My GTX 780TI So Loud?

I have a GTX 780TI WINDFORCE edition in my PC. It has a three fan style cooling solution. I always assumed that three fan blowers were inherently quiet because they have so much cooling, but when getting over 65° Celsius, it starts to get pretty loud. Does anyone know why? Is the 780TI just loud by nature, or could it but something else? Also to clarify, I have MX-4 thermal paste on it and I'm unsure how quality the termal pads are because they were put on by someone else before the card was sold to me.

Easiest thing you can try is using MSI Afterburner and setting a custom fan curve. The card mfg may also have their own software you can use. If you do this, keep an eye on temps when you change the curve. Obviously cooler is better but you can safely run up to about 70-80C.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS TUF RTX 4080

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3600MHz, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

41 minutes ago, ajaxburger said:

Easiest thing you can try is using MSI Afterburner and setting a custom fan curve. The card mfg may also have their own software you can use. If you do this, keep an eye on temps when you change the curve. Obviously cooler is better but you can safely run up to about 70-80C.

85-90c, t-junc for an 780ti is 95c.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, ajaxburger said:

This is the default fan curve, I'm not sure what I should change to make it quieter.

20220403_140600.jpg