how to install macos

Go to solution Solved by maplepants,

"installing macOS" kind of undersells what you're going to need to do here. You absolutely need to follow the guides, as the process is long and fairly complex.

However, it's important to note that you absolutely need access to a real Mac running macOS in order to get this done.

If you don't have access to Mac but still don't want to run Windows, I recommend you check out elementaryOS. It's not as polished as macOS, but it's probably more stable than running a hackintosh. Plus you'll still have a real native terminal with all the benefits that brings.

hey how to install macos on my laptop .

laptop specs:

intel core i7 1065g7 at 1.3 ghz

8gb ram

1tb hard drive

1tb nvme ssd

dell inspiron 3593

mx230

pls help 

There's no official way to do it. A Hackintosh requires specific hardware supported by the OS, because by default macOS is only compatible with the hardware used in Apple devices.

As a starting point see: https://hackintosh.com/

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

i have checked my pc supports macos but installing is hard i need help with thaat

20 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

There's no official way to do it. A Hackintosh requires specific hardware supported by the OS, because by default macOS is only compatible with the hardware used in Apple devices.

As a starting point see: https://hackintosh.com/

31 minutes ago, Fawaz3469 said:

i have checked my pc supports macos but installing is hard i need help with thaat

Its hard

its not normal. Go over to the tonymac86 forums and do some digging and I would ask over there. Read the guides, but dont expect them to spoon feed you.

What specific aspect of the install process do you need help with?

"installing macOS" kind of undersells what you're going to need to do here. You absolutely need to follow the guides, as the process is long and fairly complex.

However, it's important to note that you absolutely need access to a real Mac running macOS in order to get this done.

If you don't have access to Mac but still don't want to run Windows, I recommend you check out elementaryOS. It's not as polished as macOS, but it's probably more stable than running a hackintosh. Plus you'll still have a real native terminal with all the benefits that brings.

11 hours ago, maplepants said:

It's possible (though not a great experience) to do the steps using a MacOS VM.  I wouldn't actually recommend it, but it's a thing you can do.

15 hours ago, SydneyBrokeIt said:

It's possible (though not a great experience) to do the steps using a MacOS VM.  I wouldn't actually recommend it, but it's a thing you can do.

That's true. You can get it going in a VM "easier" than on bare metal, but easier is in quotes for a reason there. It won't be as smooth as running linux on the same hardware.

And the M1 Mac Mini being such a good deal, that's really the best way to add macOS to your home setup if that's something you want to do.

Oh, I meant using a MacOS VM to do the "you must have a Mac to do these steps" parts to install on bare metal.

12 hours ago, SydneyBrokeIt said:

Oh, I meant using a MacOS VM to do the "you must have a Mac to do these steps" parts to install on bare metal.

Oh that's right. I had forgotten that you could do that. 

On a laptop.. forget it.. however..

KVM and VirtualBox can be configured to emulate a Mac and allow booting to MacOS.. however.. Graphics support is rather poor and Aqua is graphics intensive. You can pass a graphics card to it and that would be a mostly usable situation but it's complex to setup and only certain graphics cards will work. (and suspending on a laptop both the guest and host is a nightmare situation)

Also intel support is ending so.. If you want to use MacOS, just buy a Mac. Fear not.. it's an excellent OS. It's more polished than Windows or Linux.

There is an instant script out there to make a VirtualBox VM for MacOS if you want to check it out.. performance will be poor tho on most systems.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

Intel support isn't going anywhere for at least a few more years.

Honestly, though... installing MacOS on non-apple hardware isn't a thing you do because you want to use MacOS for productive work, it's a thing you do, well, because you can.  It's a fun project, but it's one that even the most hardcore MacOS enthusiasts I know won't take on for daily use, because it's just that finicky.  I have a MacOS VM somewhere around here because I occasionally have to use to unbrick my MBP.  That's it.  I don't do work on it.

2 hours ago, SydneyBrokeIt said:

installing MacOS on non-apple hardware isn't a thing you do because you want to use MacOS for productive work, it's a thing you do, well, because you can.

Agreed.

KVM can be configured to get pretty close to native performance with a supported passthrough GPU but it's not something for the faint of heart. I did it once to turn a PC into a Mac and I used a minimal custom Gentoo install that just booted itself directly into MacOS. Good project and a lot of work but it wasn't quite right in the end.. and it wouldn't work for a laptop. (and of course the apple store and everything else won't work)

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

I had alott of succes with macosx under qemu https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM on a 2012 i7 laptop

(havent tried the latest release of macosx)
For ARM, according to a Asahi dev, the actual ARM kernel will never (so far) be able to run under KVM or VM, due to Apples specific parts in silicon and requirements in the kernel. Asahi linux will therefor also not run under KVM/VM. But, was said, if you can get apples different ARM kernel, which was made for emulation, it will be maybe possible (they might distribute this with their SDK for debugging?)
Or maybe we should compile our own ARM Darwin kernel

If you can make "Clover bootloader" to boot on your machine, your a step closer to running macosx on your machine. (assuming the specs match some mac also)