Lego Computer Case??

DeadSurvivor

Since times are tough I was thinking of creating a makeshift MATX Lego case, any body have tips or ideas?

get lots of Lego that fit together lol :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Yeah I got that down lol, but does Lego conduct electricity? And where could I find power switches and led indicators?

Yeah I got that down lol, but does Lego conduct electricity? And where could I find power switches and led indicators?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1354_1358

you could mod one of these in to the Lego 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

get lots of Lego that fit together lol :P

That doesn't sound like a bad idea emoticu-not+bad.png.gif

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

@TicTac do those come ready to work or?, Im new to this section so sorry in advance.

My design was to make it a woodland green case, because most of the legos I have are that color. If it turns out wacky ill just spray paint it all black.

As Lego does not use metal it is non conductive. I can't remember what the size is but I know there is like a single piece that has a hole through it - you may be able to mount an LED through that.

Yeah I got that down lol, but does Lego conduct electricity?

Lego is made out of ABS, so you should be fine. ABS is a good insulator.

CPU : Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz Motherboard : MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU : MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5 @ 950/1300MHz RAM : Crucial BX Sport 16 GB DDR3-1600 @ 2000MHz PSU : XFX 850W XXX Edition  Storage : Intel 520 Series 120 GB / Samsung 840 Series 240 GB / Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB  Case : Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i

@windspeed36 The good thing is that I have most of the pieces and can buy the ones like the one you were talking about online. IMO This seems like a great case because of the expandibility, just add another box and you got a NAS or server on top of it.

@drxexo That's great to know time to start planning. :D

Mind sharing it with us? :P

I've put my design through a few revisions and I still have a few changes I want to make... I will make a build log when I have finished.  Maybe in a few months.  I might wait until Black Friday to get the main components though.

I've put my design through a few revisions and I still have a few changes I want to make... I will make a build log when I have finished.  Maybe in a few months.  I might wait until Black Friday to get the main components though.

Are you sure you don't want to give us all a small teaser? I look forward to your build log post!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

As Lego does not use metal it is non conductive. I can't remember what the size is but I know there is like a single piece that has a hole through it - you may be able to mount an LED through that.

Unfortunately I have confirmed a standard 5mm LED will not fit through that hole... You will need a 3mm one or come up with something more creative :)

I'm glad I have a wife who works for Lego if I should get such an idea too   :D

Wow thanks guys! Especially @Glenwing for those dimensions and the power switch.

You may want to reinforce the case with something, Lego, though strong will not be sturdy enough if something smacks against it with some force (Maybe double layer?). I know you wouldn't let some one hit it but things happen and it is better to be prepared. As for glue you could try hot glue or super glue, both are nice but I really havent had much experience gluing Lego. xP

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

You may want to reinforce the case with something, Lego, though strong will not be sturdy enough if something smacks against it with some force (Maybe double layer?). I know you wouldn't let some one hit it but things happen and it is better to be prepared. As for glue you could try hot glue or super glue, both are nice but I really havent had much experience gluing Lego. xP

Yeah I've been testing the strength of bricks, double layering helps a whole lot more. The only problem I'm having is every time I'm 

building a prototype it immedietly turns into a test bench. Do you guys know where I can plan out the build on line like a 3D creator or something?

Yeah I've been testing the strength of bricks, double layering helps a whole lot more. The only problem I'm having is every time I'm 

building a prototype it immedietly turns into a test bench. Do you guys know where I can plan out the build on line like a 3D creator or something?

i like to use sketchup to plan 3d stuff, its free and easy to learn

i like to use sketchup to plan 3d stuff, its free and easy to learn

I'll try that, thanks!

If it turns out wacky ill just spray paint it all black.

I don't think that paint will stick well to the surface. Especially with newer bricks.

Also, please use Mega Bloks or Enlighten instead of real LEGO, if you decide to use paint. 

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

if you are goingt to use the i/o shield you might need to modify or the lego blocks or the shield and if you need any help just ask i made one myself :D and its realy not that hard 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler