I wonder what happens if you (jumpstart the psu) while the cpu atx connector is connected to the board!!?

TechNoob420

What happens if you jump start a PSU after connecting everything properly (leaving only the 24pin unplugged)??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What happens if you jump start a PSU after connecting everything properly (leaving only the 24pin unplugged)??

• B00M!!!
    • Nothing bad, the computer doesn't turn ON.

one way to find out

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Without the 24pin, nothing will happen.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Phew 😅 I hope that is the case 🙂👍🏻

Oh I also like your build 😉

I'm trying to understand your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "jump start".

But it sounds like you have peripherals plugged into the PSU but nothing on the 24pin connector. If so then nothing will happen when you flip the switch. You can still turn it on though by shorting the appropriate pins.

6 hours ago, dilpickle said:

I'm trying to understand your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "jump start".

But it sounds like you have peripherals plugged into the PSU but nothing on the 24pin connector. If so then nothing will happen when you flip the switch. You can still turn it on though by shorting the appropriate pins.

My intention was to provide power to (24pin) from a different PSU(secondary).

Meaning the primary psu is always going to stay ON regardless.

Would the board be damaged if only the atx 8 got power like 24/7?

From my understanding the board needs the 24pin +8pin atx connected for it to enter the boot sequence.

Otherwise only the 8pin might do nothing/or harm it since it's always going to always stay on.

CPU VRM gets 12V, logic that operates it doesn't know it has to be online, nothing happens.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 hours ago, Juular said:

CPU VRM gets 12V, logic that operates it doesn't know it has to be online, nothing happens.

Thank you very much for clarifying!!

🙂

Why not use the 8 pin and the 24 pin from the secondary PSU and only use the primary for the peripherals?

Or better yet.  Use the good PSU you have to do the 24-pin and the 8 Pin EPS and then the secondary PSU for all the peripherals?

then all you gotta do is run the power switch on the case to the motherboard.  and then you could hook up the reset switch/RGB switch to the two pins on the other PSUs 24-pin.  You can then power on both PSUs independantly

Forgot the PSU 24 pin needs to be shorted consantly

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!