Is 500W EVGA White enough?

Dafydd Taylor

I have had for about 2 and a bit years now a R5 2600 and 1660 super on a Asrock B450M Pro 4 and have been using a 500w EVGA White psu. It has been working great. I just want to make sure this is ok for now or if it's worth paying the high prices for something better?

it's not a great psu, it's at the lower end(depending on exact model). it is adequate as far as wattage is concerned though. i don't really see a good reason to replace it if it's working fine and you aren't planning a near-future upgrade though. if it is making you nervous or something, it may be worth the upgrade for the peace of mind, but that's your call.

It's a terrible PSU. I'd look to replace it as soon as is feasible.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

On 3/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, bmx6454 said:

it's not a great psu, it's at the lower end(depending on exact model). it is adequate as far as wattage is concerned though. i don't really see a good reason to replace it if it's working fine and you aren't planning a near-future upgrade though. if it is making you nervous or something, it may be worth the upgrade for the peace of mind, but that's your call.

I'm not planning on making a upgrade soon, due to high GPU prices so I'm going to keep a eye out for a deal on something nicer and just keep running this in the meantime. Thanks