MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro Max monitor advise requested

Flying-Dutchman

Hi all,

I've got a M1 Pro Max MBP 16". So I do have DP 1.4 but HDMI 2.0. I currently have the Eizo EV3895-WT Curved and a 24" Eizo EV2460-WT, which are nice screens, but in my work I find that the wideness is perfect, but the height could have been better. I'm mainly coding, working with diagrams, databases, large excels, etc. and I edit from time to time movies/clips. I'm not much of a gamer, but would be nice to be able to do so. I do also consume media (youtube, etc.) on this machine. A replacement monitor doesn't need to be curved to be honest. Depends a bit.

I've been looking what could be a good replacement, but it's hard to find large monitors on display nowadays in shops. The Aorus FO48U seems to be liked by many, but I read very mixed reviews on the productivity usability of this monitor. I was also wondering if maybe a TV would be an option, but left this idea as I don't have HDMI 2.1 and I think that 60Hz with HDMI would cause stuff to be too laggy.

I think I want to sell my Eizo's and put 1 48" (or around that size) screen back. Also to regain a little desk space back as the 24" is now standing aside my curved 38" and it clips basically a whole 45 degree corner of my desk regarding useability.

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks!!!!

- Frank

Check https://www.rtings.com for comprehensive reviews.

I'm not sure what do you mean by '60Hz with HDMI would cause stuff to be too laggy'...

if you NEED more than 60Hz you either:

- not use HDMI 2.0 @ 4K/60Hz, but go down to 1440p/120Hz for example;

- USB-C to HDMI 2.1

- USB-C to DP 1.3+

@rikitikitavi Thanks for the link. Gonna go there. I mean, the 60Hz of my current screen is feeling laggy compared to the built-in screen in the MBP. I'm so not sure if I should get a monitor or just a tv...