In need of help deciding between Samsung Odyssey G5A and LG UltraGear 27GN88A-B

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new multi-purpose display - gaming, general productivity, media consumption, digital drawing etc. - although, this will be my auxillary display, as in, it won't be directly in front of me, but rather to my left at quite an angle. Just making things clear, doubt it's that important.

I managed to narrow down my potential options to Samsung Odyssey G5A and LG UltraGear 27GN88A-B.

Which one would be better? I'm curious about LG's NanoIPS display, but I read that there are potential problems with backlight. I remember that Linus made a video about it's older brother, I guess? The UltraFine Ergo and I was immediately interested in that ergo stand.

In terms of pricing I can get the LG for ~440$ and Samsung for ~380$ plus 40$ for a third party ergo stand. That's why LG looks like a fine choice, since it seems to have everything I need, including ergo stand. Opinions from display experts would be greatly appreciated 🙂

I'm open to other options, my budget is around 440$ with ergo stand of my preferred choice. As for requirements, I need 27", at least 144Hz IPS panel with both G-sync and FreeSync support, solid colors, but no need for HDR.