Asus vs MSI? Ultimate Motherboard Company?

Till this time I have been a fan of Asus motherboards, because of the features, BIOS options, performance, and quality. But with the launch of Godlike series from MSI, I am questioning by decision. So which company is the best in motherboard features, BIOS options, quality, performance, stability, compatibility, support and software?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

They both have good and bad boards, and both have done questionable things from the business ethics perspective at some point.

Pick based on individual motherboard review/spec and pricing and hope you don't ever need to rely on warranty.

This goes for all of the manufacturers. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

if one was 'measurably' the best in every way, the others wouldnt exist.

they all have strong points and weak points, they all have a different design team with different types of psychedelic shrooms to get the moronic idea to have rainbowvomit color schemes, they have different pricepoints to hit for different featuresets, etc.

in the end, it's personal preference.

There is no best. Also MSI has been using the "Godlike" branding for a while already. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

All depends on what you want to do with it really.
For me personally, I've always found ASUS boards to be more stable and they are at the forefront of innovation.

As already mentioned you can't shop only by brands. You're pretty much going to get opinions with a thread like this. If you want actaul suggestions you would be better off asking about two specific motherboards.  Even in the same company some motherboards have better BIOSs, more features, etc. 

I do generally avoid Asus on all fronts across all product lines though. However again just my personal opinion. Motherboards I generally lean towards MSI or Gigabyte, but this doesn't mean all MSI or Gigabyte motherboards are "good". 

12 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

As already mentioned you can't shop only by brands. You're pretty much going to get opinions with a thread like this. If you want actaul suggestions you would be better off asking about two specific motherboards.  Even in the same company some motherboards have better BIOSs, more features, etc. 

I do generally avoid Asus on all fronts across all product lines though. However again just my personal opinion. Motherboards I generally lean towards MSI or Gigabyte, but this doesn't mean all MSI or Gigabyte motherboards are "good". 

I kinda agree, though I've only have Gigabyte and MSI boards die, never an ASUS motherboard. It's funny how to shape our opinions because of what we have experienced, especially when what we experience is totally different, so neither of our opinions seem "valid", if you get what I mean. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

Asus can do things differently, but had some awful boards or issues.

Same for MSI.

But in my experience some motherboards from MSI seem decently good and are often recommended.

One can find nitpicks about all of them.

Asus boards suck ass on the low end, overpriced midrange, very good but extremely overpriced top tier

Msi are great value in the low end and midrange, but high/top end is ofc overpriced like literally every other manufacturer

This is pretty much what i know for the new platforms

Personal experience with asus has been meh, low end boards arent good at fsb/bclk and very lackluster bios missing important settings like gtls, pll volts, etc. But good bios for noobs that dont know much about oc. Also great for ram oc since i managed to get my extreem dark in 1x3 config stable at 1520mhz 7-9-6-10 at 2.3v but rip secondaries

Msi i havent had any experience with other than flashing an msi bios on my p5q/p6t but in these old gens they sucked ass, lga 775 they were horrible with fsb, unsure on 1366 but theres supposedly an uncore bug on their x58 pro boards

Im on platforms over a decade old so pretty sure things have changed over the decade. For bclk/fsb oc platforms giga boards are the best, lowend dont suffer from bios crippling like asus and still has decent ocing capability, mid-high end dont really seem to have much of a diff compared to the lowend so not really worth gettting the higher end boards. I have an ep45 ds4p and it does 556fsb stable compared to my p5qs sad 490fsb stable. Def want a giga board for x58 but if i can get an R3X maybe thatll help with ocing and the garbage uncore capability (4.1g uncore at 1.55v vtt/qpi, aiming for 4.4g+)

48 minutes ago, RTXboy123 said:

So which company is the best in motherboard features, BIOS options, quality, performance, stability, compatibility, support and software?

None of them. Every major mobo OEM has made some damn good boards, and also some terrible ones. Look at reviews for the specific boards for your platform/price range and make a choice based off that, if it's super close then go off personal preference. For example, I prefer ASUS and EVGA boards for the UEFI layout, so if a board does what I need it do I'll prefer one from either of those companies. 

For my current platform (X99), that's an EVGA board, because ASUS boards sometimes slap 2v or higher vCore through your CPU, and ASUS never bothered to fix that on any of their 1st gen boards. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I kinda agree, though I've only have Gigabyte and MSI boards die, never an ASUS motherboard. It's funny how to shape our opinions because of what we have experienced, especially when what we experience is totally different, so neither of our opinions seem "valid", if you get what I mean. 

This is where things get muddy. In contrast, the only GPUs I've had fail have been ASUS and I have a ton of Gigabyte Motherboards that have been fine, and one MSI that shit the bed.

They all kinda suck 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

15 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

This is where things get muddy. In contrast, the only GPUs I've had fail have been ASUS and I have a ton of Gigabyte Motherboards that have been fine, and one MSI that shit the bed.

They all kinda suck 

Yeah haha 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

i have been using msi for a long time, and i've never had any problem.

now it's time for me to upgrade now, and this time i'm going with asus, only because the msi board that i want is sold out. i'll come back and let you know after i finish building the machine.

Ive only ever bought asus. They have options that actually appeal to me in looks and features. Prefer the high end stuff. Wouldnt own a msi product if I can avoid it. Dealt with their card enough as it is. Id give evga boards a try if I had to.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz