What section would be good to discuss InfoSec

no.lens.cap

I was looking around and noticed that there is not a dedicated place in these (vibrant) forums to discuss security. Would be cool to discuss infosec topics like how to protect one's information and equipment as well as the latest "events" in the world relating to information security. 

What subsection would be best suited for this?

General Discussion or Programs/Apps sub-forum (depending on specific topic) makes the most sense.

Can always be moved by the mods if it ends up not fitting the initially chosen sub-forum.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

7 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

General Discussion or Programs/Apps sub-forum (depending on specific topic) makes the most sense.

Can always be moved by the mods if it ends up not fitting the initially chosen sub-forum.

cool deal!

It's a strange beast because it straddles so many topics from hardware, software, networking, human behaviour, and current events. Guess it can be discussed anywhere when the discussion warrants it.

There isn't much content overall. Are you looking for more professional or prosumer discussions? Because overall these forums are from prosumer down, not many professionals (I feel like) would like to waste their time arguing with people who have no idea what they are talking about.

But probably majority of the content would be fine in General Discussion. Unless its something breaking news-worthy, then it probably has Tech News thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah, might not be the best forum for deep discussion on it for sure. 

I guess I am curious about the intersection of "prosumer" and infosec really. Seems like its mostly surface level here, not that I am opposed to getting into the dirty details of NIST 800-171 with someone 🙂